Expired events causing a lot of 404s

Home Forums Additional Help Extensions Expired events causing a lot of 404s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brightcite
    Participant

We are heavily using the events calendar plugin. Now events have lifetime, activate and expiration date. The problem is we are getting a lot of crawl soft 404 / hard 404 errors from google crawl as some of the events have already expired. Is there a better way to handle this? I know that these 404s will hurt our SEO. A technical representative of one of our partners mentioned:

“Expired events should tag as Expired rather than moving them into an unavailable state. Please ask the plugin’s developer about this, maybe they can provide a solution for you.”

Thank you

Shelby
    Participant

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I’d be happy to help you here! 🙂

1. Can you send me a link to an example of one of these expired events?
    2. Please take a look at our knowlegebase article that deals with these kinds of errors and let me know if it helps at all. 🙂

This is a common issue we see, so I’m confident that we can help you find a way to work this out. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

brightcite
    Participant

Okay with SEO but for usability,is there a way to send people who find / viewing expired events – back to the most current events on the calendar homepage?

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again,

Unfortunately, that’s not something we’ve worked out, but you may be able to use this plugin or this plugin to find a solution that works for you on this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need clarification on this!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Expired events causing a lot of 404s’ is closed to new replies.