Existing Recurring Event Slug Editing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Existing Recurring Event Slug Editing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cliff
    Participant

My client reported, and then I confirmed, that there’s a new bug with editing the slug of a recurring event. The Edit button disappears and a single character replaces it. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Running all the latest versions of everything and only running TEC + ECP on 2016, I was able to reproduce this. Removing the event series brings back the proper slug editing, but adding the recurrence back causes the bug to appear again.

How do we get this fixed? This requires a lot of manual work to update the slugs and has a lot of room for error.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

Was that event in your screenshot created before you updated to The Events Calendar / Events Calendar Pro 4.4.x?

I ask because in 4.4.x you cannot edit recurring event permalinks.

The issue of recurring event slugs becoming “h” upon being edited was a bug in recent versions that was addressed in part by this removing of the ability to edit slugs at all.

To test, can you try creating a brand new recurring test event on your site and then see if it has these same issues, and if its URL slug can even be edited at all?

Thanks!
    George

Cliff
    Participant

“I ask because in 4.4.x you cannot edit recurring event permalinks.”

Um, seriously? I’m kind of at a loss about this right now. That completely ties up people from being able to control their own data, simply by updating to the latest version of the plugin. It’s not even in the release notes. That’s not OK.

How do I get this control back for my client?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Cliff.
    George
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

I agree that this is a major bug and it’s something we are working hard on fixing. The bug emerged in version 4.3 of our plugins, but not for everyone, and was hard to replicate reliably. Then in 4.4.x it became a truly apparent bug and we are working hard on publishing a fix.

I will mark this thread “Pending Fix” for now and assure you I will update this thread when the fix is publicly available. Hopefully you won’t have to wait more than a few weeks at most for this fix to arrive.

I am genuinely sorry for the trouble with this. Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with in the meantime—otherwise, stay tuned to this thread for updates.

Cheers,
    George

Cliff
    Participant

Thanks, George.

To clarify, your last response makes way more sense. Previously, what I read here and in other threads gave me the impression that y’all intentionally disabled this functionality, as opposed to it being a bug that was hard to track down.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Cliff.
    George
    Participant

You’re absolutely right, Cliff.

I said in my reply above that the “h” permalinks bug “was addressed in part by this removing of the ability to edit slugs at all”—this came from my own misunderstanding about the nature of this bug, and I apologize for the lack of clarity here!

Stay tuned to this thread for news about the forthcoming fix. And please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with in the meantime.

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to report our latest Maintenance Release, version 4.4.3, which includes some fixes to recurring event URLS that should help with the issues reported here.

Learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Existing Recurring Event Slug Editing’ is closed to new replies.