Exclude Multi-Day Events from "Upcoming" results if the start date has passed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Exclude Multi-Day Events from "Upcoming" results if the start date has passed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hello.
    I have an instance of the ECP plugin that is returning 3 Upcoming Events into a block on the homepage. The client would like to exclude any multi-day events that have already begun (even if they haven’t ended) from that list.
    Could anyone help give me a nudge as to how I should edit the tribe_get_events query to remove any event that has reached its start date?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

http://www.sunbridge.edu

Rob

Hi there Kim. Thanks for reaching out here, and for your use of the plugin. While this particular issue is a bit outside my area of expertise, let me ask our dev Paul to take a look and try to point you in the right direction here. Stay tuned.

moderntribe
    Participant

Hi, Ken! Could you show me what your current tribe_get_events query is? I’d be more than happy to help you get it set up to exclude events whose start date has already been reached.

Kim
    Participant

Thanks Paul!

‘upcoming’,
    ‘posts_per_page’ => 3
    )); ?>

ID, 0, ‘l, F d’); ?>
    post_title; ?>
    post_content, 8); ?> <a href="ID); ?>” class=”more” >› read more

Kim
    Participant

[?php $events = tribe_get_events(array(
    ‘eventDisplay’ => ‘upcoming’,
    ‘posts_per_page’ => 3
    )); ?]
    [?php foreach ($events as $e): ?]
    …output…
    [?php endforeach ?]

Rob

Hey Kim: thanks for the heads up. Paul will be able to take another look here sometime tomorrow (Thursday). Thanks for your patience so far!

moderntribe
    Participant

Hi, Kim;
    After looking into this further, it looks like the Tribe Events API doesn’t have a good way of doing what you’re asking. Take a peek at tribe-event-query.class.php if you’re interested, and you may in fact find a way, but off the top of my head it looks like they are going to continue being returned. Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance, and good luck with all your future The Events Calendar endeavors. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Exclude Multi-Day Events from "Upcoming" results if the start date has passed’ is closed to new replies.