Exclude events, venues, organizers from inline link search

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Exclude events, venues, organizers from inline link search

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leonardchamber
    Participant

This is hard to explain but … you know how wordpress has the inline link editor as of 4.5?

When you go to add a link in the page or post editor, you start to type the page name and it automatically searches the pages for you, which is really handy except that we have a zillion events with names that are similar to a page we would like to link to. So, you get search results with nothing but “Library” -events- when you are looking for the “Library” page to link to.

This page has a good animation of the inline link editor that shows what I am talking about – http://www.wpbeginner.com/news/whats-new-in-wordpress-4-5/

I would rather just exclude TEC items from this search. It’s going to really confuse my users.

Thanks!

Nico

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Interesting question here πŸ™‚

I’ve googled a bit and hopefully there’s a filter to modify this query! Try pasting the snippet below in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

/* Tribe remove post types from editor link builder */
    function tribe_remove_post_types_from_link_builder( $query ) {

// bail if the events calendar is not active
    if ( !class_exists( 'Tribe__Events__Main' ) ) return false;

$remove_post_types = array(
    Tribe__Events__Main::POSTTYPE,
    Tribe__Events__Main::VENUE_POST_TYPE,
    Tribe__Events__Main::ORGANIZER_POST_TYPE
    );

foreach( $remove_post_types as $post_type ) {

$key = array_search( $post_type, $query['post_type'] );

if( $key ) {
    unset( $query['post_type'][$key] );
    }
    }

return $query;
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_link_query_args', 'tribe_remove_post_types_from_link_builder' );

Please let me know if this works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

You are welcome, no problem with the delay πŸ˜‰

It’s seems to be a formatting issue, try pasting the snippet in a plain text editor before doing so in the functions.php file. Sometimes this helps, but if it doesn’t then try to remove the spaces/tabs and add those again.

Also please note that you don’t need to add the PHP closing tag ?> to the end of the file, although I don’t think it causes this issue.

Please give this a new try and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

leonardchamber
    Participant

Funny, I thought I had pasted into Notepad prior to uploading, but there must have indeed been a formatting issue, because this time it worked fine. The multitudes of events no longer show up when trying to link something. Thank you!!

Nico

Wooot! Stocked to hear it works now πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Exclude events, venues, organizers from inline link search’ is closed to new replies.