Exclude categories in shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Exclude categories in shortcode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stellaractive
    Participant

This seems like a basic thing. I have read around and it seems like the only way to accomplish this is by adding code to functions.php, why isn’t this just built into the shortcode? I can do that but the average user can’t. It shouldn’t be difficult to add this to the plugin, most plugins that have shortcodes to display post types have an exclude parameter. BTW, it is nearly impossible to navigate your site and find what you’re looking for, took me five minutes just to find the limited shortcode explanation.

Patricia

Hey Cheryl,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m afraid there’s no out-of-the box way to exclude specific categories from The Events Calendar shortcodes. The simplest workaround would be to create a shortcode including all categories you want, something like:

[tribe_events_list categories=”party, black-tie”]

You can supply a list of several categories (you just need to separate them with commas).

We appreciate your feedback and would recommend proposing this feature in our User Voice page to let us know.

Other users can then up-vote it, giving us a great idea of how much demand there might be (or, if you can find a suitable existing request, you can in turn up-vote that).

Thanks!

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Exclude categories in shortcode’ is closed to new replies.