Exceptions to recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Exceptions to recurring events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    danieldekay
    Participant

I searched the forum and found this post from 2011 which seemed similar: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/removing-certain-dates-from-recurring-events/

What I want to do:
    a) Delete single events from a series of recurring events (like for holidays, or when someone is ill)
    b) Change data on a single event from a series, like to indicate the DJ who plays, or change the time or location if it is an exception.

However: any changes I do are reflected on the whole series. Even when I manually go to the calendar, select edit on a single instance of an event, it never asks me if i want to change the series or the singular event anymore (I believe it did this in 3.1)

Barry

Hi danieldekay.

Delete single events from a series of recurring events (like for holidays, or when someone is ill)

You should be able to edit an instance on a recurring event and trash it from within the editor without impacting on the rest of the chain of events.

Change data on a single event from a series, like to indicate the DJ who plays, or change the time or location if it is an exception.

I’m afraid that currently this is not supported, but we are thinking of making structural changes that will facilitate this in the future. You can certainly post on our UserVoice page to show your support for this sort of thing (as the more voices in favour, the more weight these ideas gain).

Even when I manually go to the calendar, select edit on a single instance of an event, it never asks me if i want to change the series or the singular event anymore (I believe it did this in 3.1)

If you change the description, title etc then you should certainly see a dialog asking you if it should apply to all events or just the current and any future events (which would effectively break the ‘chain’ of events). If that isn’t the case please let me know the exact steps I’d need to replicate this and also confirm that the problem persists even with no other plugins activated and only a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve in place.

Thanks!

danieldekay
    Participant

Dear Barry,
    I can assure you that in my current installation there is NO dialogue asking me about “series or single instance?” anymore. I had that pre 3.2, but no longer.
    I just tried again with my admin account: from the backend I created a series of events, and went back to the event listing in the backend. When I select an event by checkbox, the whole series gets selected. When I click edit on one event and change the time, it doesn’t ask me for anything, but changes the whole series.
    I am still trying to debug it further by disabling plugins and themes.

Barry

Disabling all other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme is definitely worthwhile here. Please go ahead and let me know if you still see the same thing under those conditions.

danieldekay
    Participant

Disabling all other things seemed to solve the problem.

Barry

OK, so it sounds like a conflict. If you reactivate everything one-at-a-time, testing at each stage, can you isolate anything in particular (your theme, another plugin) that is responsible for this?

Barry

It’s been a while without any follow-up so I’m going to assume we’re all good and will close this thread. Of course if you do still require further support please don’t hesitate to create a new thread or threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Exceptions to recurring events’ is closed to new replies.