events/pastor redirects to events/or/list/?tribe_event_display=past

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO events/pastor redirects to events/or/list/?tribe_event_display=past

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Cliff

Wesley, I experience the same as you reported with those links.

Could you please send us a database dump, like via PHPMyAdmin, Duplicator, or another tool (such as WP Engine’s own tool) — in a Private Reply?

We might be able to see something odd in there regarding these redirects… but please know that diving into the database is above-and-beyond our normal scope of support and we may not be able to find the ultimate source of this issue, partly because it could be something even at the .htaccess level, too.

Have you asked your host about this issue?

wesleyanhq
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

wesleyanhq
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by wesleyanhq.
    Cliff

This reply is private.

wesleyanhq
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I think I might have a solution for you…

At wp-admin > Events > Settings > “Events URL slug” and “Single event URL slug” are both set to “event”.

Please try changing them to not be the same, such as setting “Events URL slug” to “events” instead of “event”.

Please let me know if this solves the issue. If it is confirmed as a fix, I’ll log this as a bug for our plugin’s rewrite rules.

wesleyanhq
    Participant

Oh, wow. That fixes the issue!

I am already using the slug /events to build a custom landing page using WP Pages (I am using Divi Builder and custom-made shortcodes to get the desired layout), so I will use /events-archive for the plugin’s archive. I auto-redirect the plugin’s archive to the WP Page landing page anyway, so the slug won’t be seen or used much.

Thanks so much for finding this bug! Much appreciate your efforts.

Cliff

Phew! Glad we finally figured it out. The developer I asked to look at this is sharp!

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

For now, the recommended workaround is to have the single and archive slugs to not be the same.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘events/pastor redirects to events/or/list/?tribe_event_display=past’ is closed to new replies.