/events/community/add is giving me 404 error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events /events/community/add is giving me 404 error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    apwebmaster
    Participant

We had a client attempt to submit an event today and said the page cannot be found. I went to our website and sure enough, a 404 page is being generated.
    http://www.slovisitorsguide.com/events/community/add is the page that should load.

– I have tried updating Calendar PRO and Community Events, they are both at the latest version
    – I have tried re-creating the page /events/community/add/ and it doesn’t work because WordPress will strip the “/” out of the permalink when creating a new page
    – I removed and re-installed Community Events add-on
    – I am NOT able to see a Community tab under Events>Settings in the dashboard
    – I have resaved my Permalinks

Any ideas?

Barry

Hi Scott,

Sorry you’re hitting difficulties here.

I have tried re-creating the page /events/community/add/ and it doesn’t work because WordPress will strip the “/” out of the permalink when creating a new page

This really ought to be a ‘virtual page’ and there is no need to create a placeholder page … if you did try this though can you ensure that the page was trashed and deleted completely, just in case it is interfering in the routing process?

– I removed and re-installed Community Events add-on
    – I am NOT able to see a Community tab under Events>Settings in the dashboard

Very strange … but just for the avoidance of all doubt can you confirm that it is not merely installed but also activated?

apwebmaster
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for the help.
    – I did verify that the page is completely deleted, I cannot find it anywhere, it’s not in the trash
    – I took screen shots to show you that the plugin is indeed activated and that I do not see the Community tab under Settings.

I don’t know where or how to setup a virtual page?

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Barry

Thanks for trying that 🙂

I took screen shots to show you that the plugin is indeed activated and that I do not see the Community tab under Settings.

So the problem seems to be they are out of sync: you cannot successfully run an old branch of The Events Calendar (like 3.3) with a newer addon like Community Events (you’re using 3.5). Any chance you can update The Events Calendar to the latest version?

I don’t know where or how to setup a virtual page?

You don’t need to 🙂

This is all handled by The Events Calendar/Community Events and works as if by magic … and in this case I think the problem is anyway simply that your plugins are not in sync.

Let me know if that helps!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘/events/community/add is giving me 404 error’ is closed to new replies.