EventsCal v3 + WooTickets doesn't work with WooThemes Definition

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus EventsCal v3 + WooTickets doesn't work with WooThemes Definition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sandie
    Participant

Prior to installing EventsCal v3, the site in question was running WooTickets without any requirement for template modifications. The site is using the WooThemes framework and their Definition theme (current versions).

For the purposes of trying to locate the issue, I’ve deactivated everything except Events Cal v3, and the issues I’m seeing remain. These are:

Events Overview/list page
    ==========================
    1). Previous Tribe plugin settings were not retained, e.g. currency was set as “£” and reverted to “$”.
    2). Events overview page does not display correctly. I’ve been through every combination I can see of your provided template and the varying levels of CSS settings, with and without the classic header selected. Issues as follows:
    2)a). All variations are pulling the site’s homepage slider into the events page. It appears above all other content, including the page title.
    2)b). The new search bar appears above the page title.

Barry

OK, so just to recap and make sure I’m understanding correctly:

* This relates to Events Calendar PRO, rather than WooTickets?

* You are developing locally and are unable to share a URL where I could observe this (if so, can you share a screenshot)?

Sandie
    Participant

The site is using TEC 3.0 (not pro) and WooTickets 2.0.1. I previously left a message on the TEC Pro forum, because you don’t seem to have a TEC forum and the issue occurred when I upgraded to TEC 3.0, so it would not appear to be a WooTickets issue. I figured since I’m entitled to support on WooTickets, and I’m only running TEC because the site is using WooTickets, that would be ok (let me know if not).
    If you go to the live URL referred to, you’ll see I’ve now implemented a workaround, in that I’ve hidden the elements I don’t feel should have been there in the first place.

I’d still like to pursue an actual fix, because:
    1). I don’t particularly want to have to potentially tweak CSS for version upgrades.
    2). It doesn’t seem unreasonable to expect it to work out of the box with a WooTheme given it’s the way you implement the purchased WooTickets plugin.
    Thanks for your help.

Barry

Hi Sandie,

You are welcome to post on the PRO forum – it is indeed the correct place for premium/license-holding customers such as yourself to post issues relating to the core The Events Calendar plugin, so no problems on that count.

I’m still unclear as to what the correct URL is, however – the one you provided when you opened this thread doesn’t seem to be valid. Perhaps you could post it here (and mark it as a private reply)? It would help me to get a better picture of the issues.

I don’t particularly want to have to potentially tweak CSS for version upgrades.

Generally speaking you will not need to, but the exception is going to be major version changes such as this one.

The Events Calendar – and its associated plugins including WooTickets – are not static and they will continue to evolve and change. While backwards compatibility is important, particularly between minor releases and revisions, some number of breaking changes inevitably will occur between major releases.

It doesn’t seem unreasonable to expect it to work out of the box with a WooTheme given it’s the way you implement the purchased WooTickets plugin.

I’d agree that it would be nice if we could make it work out of the box with all themes, however that isn’t always possible. Again if you could show me a live example of one of the problems that would be helpful in determining the best way forward in your specific scenario.

Thanks!

Barry

It’s been quite a while without any followup so I’m going to go ahead and close this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘EventsCal v3 + WooTickets doesn't work with WooThemes Definition’ is closed to new replies.