Events with a "Different" time rule in Recurrence showing Wrong Timezone

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events with a "Different" time rule in Recurrence showing Wrong Timezone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ajoranger
    Participant

Hello,

Recurring events is reverting to UTC time whenever I choose a recurrence rule that is a different time from the first event. So for example, let’s say an event happens weekly on Mondays at 4pm. All of those will show correctly. But when I choose to also have it occur Tuesdays at 2pm by clicking recurrence rule with different time it shows up as 7pm – 5 hours later (which is UTC time for me).

I checked timezone settings in WordPress and it shows UTC as my local time, which is not correct. When I deactivate The Events Calendar & Events Calendar Pro, it shows the correct local and UTC in WordPress settings. So there is something in the plugin that is changing these. When I set WordPress to UTC and then select “sitewide options” for time display in The Events Calendar settings, then all events show in UTC – 5 hours later. Every other setting configuration between WP timezone and plugin timezone settings has my first event rule events at the correct time and any using a different time than the first event as 5 hours later.

Thanks!

Hi Abigail,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, can you update your WordPress version and Events Calendar related plugins to their most recent versions and see if this helps to resolve the issue?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

ajoranger
    Participant

Hello Jaime,

Updated everything and still having this issue. Please let me know what else I can try.

Madeline

Hi Madeline,

Thanks for trying that.  Do you have your WordPress timezone set?  It’s showing as “not set” in your system information.  You can set this by going to Settings < General.  It’s best to set it to a city, rather than a GMT.

In addition, you can try changing the timezone mode under Events Settings < General to Use the local times for each event.

These changes may not take effect with events that already have been created, so you can test these changes with a new event.

Thanks,

Jaime

ajoranger
    Participant

Hello Jaime,

Yeah, I was flipping these settings back and forth trying every setting :-).

I added Chicago back as timezone in General settings. I changed the timezone mode to use the local times for each event. Then I created a new event. It is still behaving as I mentioned. The events using the first time I enter are correct, the “Different” time is showing as 5 hours later than it should. You can check this out at http://teenartspass.urbangateways.org/events/ The event is called Test – there should be Wednesday events at 8am and Tuesday events at 2pm, but instead it is Wednesdays at 8am and Tuesdays at 7pm.

I’ve also attached a screenshot of my general settings as mentioned – it shows UTC as my time and Local as 5 hours later than it should be. When I uninstall The Events Calendar, this is fixed.

Madeline

Hi Madeline,

Thanks for providing me with this information.

In other words, the event that was in the morning retains the timezone correctly, and the other event does not?

So far, I have not been able to replicate the behavior that you are describing on my test site.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the Tuesday event for me on the backend so that I can try to replicate things on my end?

In addition, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Thanks,

Jaime

ajoranger
    Participant

Here is the admin page – screen shot attached. It’s any event where there is a recurrence and then a second recurrence rule with a different time.

I will try some of your suggestions in my local environment.

ajoranger
    Participant

Hello Jaime,

Just wanted you to know I fixed the problem. Thank you for your troubleshooting advice!

Madeline

ajoranger
    Participant

Resolved.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events with a "Different" time rule in Recurrence showing Wrong Timezone’ is closed to new replies.