Events widget displays next 2 events except…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events widget displays next 2 events except…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

I have the Events widget set up and set to show 2 events limit. Which it does, assuming there are two events left in the month. There’s only one event left in September, so all it shows is the one event for this month, instead of showing the next event in October, so there is always 2 events showing. If I click the calendar to October, 2 events show perfectly. The dev site is actually at http://74.220.213.140/amchamtz/ and the calendar widget is in the middle of the home page.

Barry

Hi Richard,

It actually sounds like you are describing the expected behaviour of the calendar widget:

• When it first loads it displays all upcoming events taking place this month (ie, events which took place earlier in the month but have now expired will not initially be shown)
    • If you click on a specific day it lists all events on that day (up to the limit imposed in the widget settings or, if that is zero, it takes you straight to day view for that day so long as day view is enabled)
    • If you page forwards or backwards one or more months then events for that month are listed below and this time expired events may be shown (again, up to the same limit as before)

In other words, unless I’m misunderstanding, this is what we’d expect of the widget by design. That said we’re always open to new ideas and feature requests and if you’d like to see it behave differently please do post a fresh request on our UserVoice page:

tribe.uservoice.com

In this case you might be particularly interested in the following request and if it pretty much seems to agree with your own thoughts definitely do up vote it (and/or comment) to show your support rather than create a new one:

tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5971386-have-calendar-widget-show-next-5-events-regardless

Of course if I’m misunderstanding and you think you’ve hit a bug definitely follow up and let me know and I’ll happily look into it 🙂

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events widget displays next 2 events except…’ is closed to new replies.