Events Tickets Plus error message overriding WooCommerce Membership

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events Tickets Plus error message overriding WooCommerce Membership

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Gretchen
    Participant

Hello!

We are using Events Tickets Plus to sell member-only tickets with WooCommerce Memberships.

When a user who is not logged in attempts to purchase a members-only ticket they are supposed to receive an error message that prompts them to log in to purchase the ticket (which is configured as part of the Memberships plug-in).

Instead they receive an Events Tickets Plus error message, “Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.”

I submitted a ticket with SkyVerge, the WooCommerce Memberships plug-in author and they said the issue is with Events Tickets Plus and I need to go to you for support on this issue.

We have replicated this in our staging area with the default WordPress theme and all other plug-ins disabled.

Thanks for your help!
    Gretchen

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry that you are experiencing a conflict between our plugin and WooCommerce Memberships!

Can you try updating your plugins to the most recent versions and testing if the issue still occurs?

If it does, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

Thank you

All plugins are up to date. I turned on WP_DEBUG and no error messages
    display.
    I still do get the error message:

• Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.

Hi Gretchen,

Can you provide me with some screenshots of how you have things set up?  I’d like to try to replicate this issue on my test site.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

I’m not sure exactly what you are looking for but here are the screenshots of the Tickets and Membership content restriction messages pages.

Hi Gretchen,

Can you try turning on the setting under Events Settings < Tickets that says “Require users to log in before they purchase tickets”?

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

Is that going to be required for this to work? Because we do not want to
    require users to log in if they are not members. Only members have to log
    in.

Hi Gretchen,

Okay, I understand.  In that case, can you take a screenshot of a ticket that you have set up, along with the Memberships tab that is set up at the bottom of that page?

I’d like to try to replicate the scenario that you are experiencing.

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

I changed the setting to require users to log in and it had no impact. Was not prompted to log in and still got the product is unavailable message.

Hi Gretchen,

I’m not sure if you saw my previous reply.  Anyway, can you take a screenshot of a ticket that you have set up, along with the Memberships tab that is set up at the bottom of that page?

I’d like to try to replicate the scenario that you are experiencing.

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

OK, here are the screenshots I think you are looking for.

All of our member tickets are in the “Members-Only” product category which restricts purchasing to users with a Membership.

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information!  I did some digging and found that the error message “Sorry, this product cannot be purchased” is coming from the WooCommerce plugin itself.

You can find it in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/i18n/languages/woocommerce.pot

From there, you can try to replace this string using a third-party plugin, like Say What?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

WooCommerc support said this is an issue with Events Calendar.

You’re saying it’s an issue with WooCommerce.

I guess it’s back to the drawing board.

We should not have to use a plug-in to override the string as the
    Memberships setting should be the string that’s displayed.

Hi Gretchen,

I apologize for all of the back and forth between plugins.  You can find that string within the WooCommerce plugin under plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-cart.php and see it there for yourself.

Please let me know if you need further assistance on this issue.

Thanks,

Jaime

Gretchen
    Participant

I’ve just been on chat with WooCommerce support and they pointed out that this is an issue of Events Calendar overriding the standard WooCommerce behavior.

If you look at this members-only product, the product restriction message works as expected
    http://staging.international-glove.flywheelsites.com/product/wboa-space-rental/

With Ticket products, should the Product Restriction message be displayed on the events page? Currently, the members-only tickets are visible to be purchased with no Product Restriction message.

The message happens AFTER someone tries to buy the product – the typical Memberships restriction behavior is to restrict BEFORE someone tries to buy the product.

Please clarify the intended behavior of Events Tickets in conjunction with Memberships.

Both WooCommerce and SkyVerge say this is an issue of Events Tickets overriding the standard Memberships behavior, and it certainly looks that way.

thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Tickets Plus error message overriding WooCommerce Membership’ is closed to new replies.