Events Tickets Plus: Can RSVPs and Sales pull from same pool of Tickets?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Tickets Plus: Can RSVPs and Sales pull from same pool of Tickets?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charles

We have a conference that will be made up of a mix of self-paid attendees (up front), direct-billed, and “scholarship” attendees … so I need an option that allows for me to offer tickets (or combination of tickets and RSVPs) that match. (So I think my question is: can I set up 200 tickets and have e-commerce and RSVP draw from that same pool?)

We will also have levels of childcare they will need to sign up for — and some attendees will have the conference covered by scholarship, but have to self-fund childcare … so theoretically, I’ll have some transactions (or customers) that are a mix of payment types … can Event Ticket Plus handle this? (If necessary, I can set up childcare as if it is a separate event and have them conduct this transaction separately.)

Geoff B.

Good evening Charles and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

can I set up 200 tickets and have e-commerce and RSVP draw from that same pool?

That is a great question, the short answer is no. You cannot have e-commerce and RSVP tickets draw from the same pool (Global stock).

That being said, I believe you could use a different solution for this.
    You could have only e-commerce tickets and handle the different required scenarios with a combination of payment methods and discount codes.

For example if you use WooCommerce as an e-commerce plug-in, you can have several payments types available including cash on delivery and cheque.
    You could still use several types of e-commerce tickets, but with this approach a single type of tickets would suffice.

some attendees will have the conference covered by scholarship, but have to self-fund childcare … so theoretically, I’ll have some transactions (or customers) that are a mix of payment types … can Event Ticket Plus handle this?

My recommendation would be to set up the childcare as a separate WooCommerce product. Using a simple code snippet in your theme’s functions.php you could redirect the customers to that product page. Additionally, you can present this separate product as an upsell when customers reach the shopping cart.

So I guess the answer is yes, Event Tickets Plus can handle this.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Tickets Plus: Can RSVPs and Sales pull from same pool of Tickets?’ is closed to new replies.