Events Ticket Plus – does it require Woocommerce

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events Ticket Plus – does it require Woocommerce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

I will buy Event Ticket Plus but I have 2 quick questions.
    The only reason I need the Event Ticket Plus functionality is to send an email to the moderator of the event. That is it.
    1) does the site need Woocommerce installed. We are not selling tickets, just reserving seats for a classroom?
    2) Does Event Ticket Plus allow me to send an email to the moderator email?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Tom and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

1) does the site need Woocommerce installed. We are not selling tickets, just reserving seats for a classroom?

No. You do not need to install WooCommerce to use Event Tickets Plus functionalities.

Most of them work with RSVP tickets.
    That being said, you could totally accomplish the same results with WooCommerce products that have a price of 0 (free).

2) Does Event Ticket Plus allow me to send an email to the moderator email?

I am not sure what the moderator’s role is exactly. Is that person a WordPress admin user ? The organizer of the event ? Something else ?

Would you mind expanding on that? Depending on the answer, you actually might not need Event Tickets Plus to accomplish this.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Tom
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

The only feature I need to use with Event Tickets Plus is the ability to send an email to the “organizer” (I referred to them as the moderator”).

In all the threads on this topic I saw references to other people needing this requirement and the solution suggested was third party plugins and the ability to notify the organizer is on the “wish list”.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Tom,

Thank you for clarifying that.

To answer your question, no, you will not need Event Tickets Plus to do that.
    This will be handled by either an extension or a code snippet.

In all the threads on this topic I saw references to other people needing this requirement and the solution suggested was third party plugins and the ability to notify the organizer is on the “wish list”.

Actually, we used to offer this through an extension that is currently undergoing some maintenance.

We are also in the process of crafting a snippet specifically for that purpose.
    It looks like it will be released within the next week if all goes according to plan.

I just added a note to make sure you are notified the second it is out.

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic today ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Tom,

Good news. At last a snippet is out to notify organizers.

You could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/niconerd/16770b84adb6156aaa77948bf208bacb

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Ticket Plus – does it require Woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.