events showing up in month view on incorrect days

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO events showing up in month view on incorrect days

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by thecolumbian.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thecolumbian
    Participant

I have recurring events appearing in the month view on incorrect days and even more than once per day. For example, right now in our calendar, we have a user-submitted event that is set for every Tuesday and Thursday, but is displaying every day and listed many times, drowning out all of our other events listings for the days it’s on.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

Sorry about this issue with the recurring event. Looks as if the recurrence is not set up correctly. But might be something else as well.

Could you please send me a screenshot of how the recurrence rules of that event are set up?

In the meantime you could set the status of the event to draft to temporarily take it off your calendar.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

My guess is that the event date is set up from Feb X to April X (or similar) so it lasts 30+ and then the recurrence rules say repeat this every Tuesday and Thursday.

At the end a 30+ day long event is repeated every Tuesday and Thursday.

For the event date set up only one day (maybe a Tuesday), the same date as the starting and the ending date, with the proper start and end time, so the event will last 1 hour for example. Then this one hour event will recur.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

thecolumbian
    Participant

I appreciate the help. Looks like the event should have been originally set up by the user to be on a single day and then added on recurring additional days when instead the user had the idea that because the set of events over several months was what they were supposed to specify was the date range of the all of the events. To correct this, the date range set as the event date was changed to the first event date and then set to recur.

Barry

Thanks for confirming, Brandon.

Given that and as you set this conversation to “Resolved” I am going to go ahead and close it, but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new topics as needed 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘events showing up in month view on incorrect days’ is closed to new replies.