Events Showing in Archive Question

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Showing in Archive Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mshane
    Participant

Hello –

I have a functional question. I am using the Calendar to display classes that are held at an acting studio. A class will run for example for 3 days from 9am-6pm. My problem is with how this is displayed on the calendar archive page. If I set it as one event that runs from 9am-6pm for three days it shows the class as starting at 9am on Oct 24 and ending at 6pm on October 26th. This isnt correct. So if I seperate it into recurring days from 9am-6pm it displays 3 instances – one for each day with the same information. This is confusing as it appears that it is 3 separate events/classes when it is really one just occurring on different days. So what is the best way to set up an event/class that lasts for a few days from am-pm without showing the event 3 times OR without showing the single event starting at 9am on day 1 and ending at 6pm on day 3 (this is actually wrong because it ends at 6pm each day). Hope that makes sense. Thanks so much!

Barry

Hi mshane,

That makes perfect sense.

However, at this time the middle-road that you’re seeking doesn’t really exist.

You could certainly accomplish this with a set of customizations – you might for instance stick to a non-recurring event approach but set up some additional fields to specify the “true” start and end times for each day that it runs, and customize our templates appropriately to reflect this information.

We’ve got a great Themer’s Guide that covers the basics of such customizations but, I have to be honest, something like this is sufficiently involved to exceed what we can guide you through here on the forums and you’d need to be fairly comfortable making theme customizations in general to drive this forward.

Please also note that we are always keen to receive new feature requests (posting them across on UserVoice allows others to up-vote and comment on any ideas) so definitely consider adding a request for this. At this time, though, I’m afraid what you want isn’t quite supported by the plugin.

Does that at least clarify things?

mshane
    Participant

Hi Barry –
    Thanks so much for the detailed response. Ok I will look at the Themers Guide. One thought I had was to disable the List view and make the Month view on the archive page the default. Is this possible to do – DIsable the List view? I think that would make it more clear for the visitor to see it in a calendar view then. What do you think?

Thanks so much

Barry

It’s worth a try, certainly – and yes it’s quite easy to do – just visit Events > Settings > Display and uncheck list view (and ensure something other than list view is selected as the default view) then save your changes 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Showing in Archive Question’ is closed to new replies.