Events root page doesn't display events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events root page doesn't display events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hunter

If you visit http://familyoffestivals.com/events, you’ll notice that it doesn’t display any events. If you visit http://familyoffestivals.com/events/month/ or http://familyoffestivals.com/events/upcoming/, they display just fine.

Under my “Display” settings, I have “Full Styles” and “Default Page Template” selected. Regardless of what settings I use, I can’t get any events to display on /events.

Any ideas?

Barry

Hi there joinfof.

Is it possible you have an actual page called “Events” (and that therefore has a slug of “events”) that might be conflicting?

Looking at the URL you referenced it certainly looks as though that is the case: would you be able to delete that page if so?

Hunter

I’ve deleted that page, /events now returns a 404.

Barry

Hmm, interesting.

When I visit your /events page I see the same thing as I did previously: a blank page with all the hallmarks of being a regular WordPress page that happened to have a slug of events. Despite being blank it loads successfully and there is no indication of it being a 404 (in terms of explicit messaging or the actual returned HTTP status).

Are you using a caching plugin? Could the difference in terms of what we are seeing be a result of you being logged in – and so seeing freshly generated content – and my being logged out and so being presented with cached content?

Beyond that, now you’ve deleted that page can you flush the permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks? You don’t need to actually change anything, just visiting that screen is normally sufficient.

Thanks!

Hunter

The reason you’re not seeing a 404 is because I restored the /events page. I also tried flushing the permalinks before replying the first time.

I am using W3 Total Cache, but it doesn’t seem to be affecting any other aspect of my site other than this particular issue.

Barry

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

OK. So could something else be at work? You indicated having run through the above steps, but presumably that was before you deleted this blank page.

Would you be able to run through those steps again (pay particular attention to any instructions provided by your caching plugin’s author on clearing the cache after deactivation), delete the unneeded page, flush permalinks and try again?

Hunter

So I’ve deleted the /events page, ran my database optimizer to remove it from my database, “Emptied All Caches” – I’ve tested it logged in and logged out and it seems to be working.

I think the difference may have been the database optimization and clearing the entire cache. Can you check and see if it’s working for you?

Barry

Certainly: and yes, it is indeed working now best I can tell 🙂

Hunter

Great, thanks for the help. I think it stopped working correctly after a theme update. Any reason why this would occur?

Barry

Very difficult to say, especially if you’re not certain it was the theme update.

Just like plugins, though, themes have the power to do all kinds of things and so they can on occasion interfere with parts of the system that you wouldn’t expect.

At any rate, I’m glad everything is all sorted and will close this thread – but if anything else crops up please don’t hesitate to create a new thread and let us know 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events root page doesn't display events’ is closed to new replies.