Events Pro user search

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Pro user search

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi, from a user standpoint who has to enter the data and keep the calendar up to date, how easy is it to search/find/edit the calendar? If i know a specific date, can i get to that date by entering it into a search field? Or if I know the event name? If i have a large calendar, I dont’ want to flick through a list, page after page to get to a date.

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

With the Tribe Bar that comes with The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, you can search by Date, Near Location, and Keyword (which pulls from event titles and descriptions).

If you’d like further options, you can purchase the Filter Bar plugin, which provides many additional filters for users to search through events, like categories, time of day, and any other custom filter.

Also, feel free to check out our demo site here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Joe

Sorry, I used the term “user” to describe myself as the one putting in the data, but i see now that you are using the term to describe the person who is accessing and looking at the calendar. So let me rephrase the question — as the person on the back end, who enters the data into the calendar, is there a search feature that would allow me to search for a particular date or event so that I can edit/change it? I’m speaking here specifically as a person who is in charge of keeping up the calendar, not the person viewing the calendar. The demo shows only the public view, not the ability to see how it is stored in the system. Thank you again.

Hi Joe,

Okay, I see what you mean.  As the person entering in and editing the data from the backend, you can search through your events by keyword.  You can also sort through your events in the backend by start date, end date, and a variety of other filters.

In addition, you may also be interested in our Advanced Post Manager plugin (it’s free), where you can add custom filters to search through your events.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/filter-and-sort-events-with-advanced-post-manager/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Pro user search’ is closed to new replies.