Events Pro Map not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Pro Map not showing up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cashoefman
    Participant

I am running The Events Calendar 3.0.2 and The Events Calendar Pro 3.0.4 and have created an event with a location. When I go to site/events/map/ the map does not show up and on the site/events page the map also does not show up when I select map from the pull down.

Rob

Hey there cashoefman. Thanks for the note, and my apologies that we’ve taken until now to get you a reply. I wanted to follow-up to make sure we got you sorted on this end.

I am indeed seeing the problem at the link you provided there. It looks like this is a custom theme you’ve built? Let me know if I’m wrong there. Otherwise I do have a few suggestions that should help get this sorted:

* First, try updating to the newest builds that just came out today (3.0.3 core / 3.0.5 PRO). They contained a number of optimizations that should improve overall stability and might address this right off the bat.
    * Switch to different template + stylesheet settings for the calendar under Events -> Settings -> Display. There are a number of combinations available there and users often find that one of them meets their needs.
    * Make sure that both the Map settings for the overall calendar are enabled, and that the live Javascript filtering isn’t impacting (you can test this by simply toggling it on/off and refreshing the frontend to test).
    * Test whether this is a plugin or theme conflict. I notice you already mentioned testing against other plugins, but what about the theme? Does this persist on a stock Twenty Twelve install?

Let me know how that goes and I’ll do my best to get you sorted from there. Cheers.

Samuel

Hey there cashoefman! Sorry for the trouble you are going through. Well, we have some pretty serious issues here. The javascript is breaking on these pages, and it is doing so due to some required localized strings not printing to the page. These are our ajax handlers and the datepicker strings.

I see you have some system caching all the javascript into a single file. can we try disabling this caching? Thanks.

Rob

Hey again cashoefman. Just wanted to check in here to see if you’d seen Samuel’s last note? Let us know if you’re still having issues or if we can close out this thread. Thanks!

Samuel

Hey there cashoefman! I happened to get the theme you are using to debug an issue and think i know what is causing your issue. Please go here and disable all three options:
    http://murrietafieldofhonor.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=theme_advanced&tab=optimizer

should fix your issue. let me know if it doesnt.

That theme’s “optimizers” are disabling localized strings our plugins require. the plugin author should be notified of this issue with their theme.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Pro Map not showing up’ is closed to new replies.