Events page presentation

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events page presentation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gareth

Hi there. I am trying out your calendar as an alternative to the one by Timely which seems to have some presentational issues, and will purchase if I know it can do the job.
    However in testing it I have found that:
    1) My ‘Events’ page is empty. (when an event exists)
    2) The calendar view simply goes over the sidebar, and appear visually broken and with no navigation.
    Are these issues that are known/addressed? I can post screengrabs.
    I like the way individual events look, so would definitely buy if I could guarantee getting over these issues.

Leah

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your interest. I’m not entirely clear on what you mean in your first question, but a screengrab and some more details would be helpful.

From you second question, it sounds like your theme may be conflicting somewhat with the plugin. We do our best to make our plugin very compatible, but of course with so many themes out there we cannot guarantee. If may be possible to fix the sidebar and other issues with some customizations to the plugin and/or the theme. I recommend that you get in touch with the theme dev to see if they can shed some light on the issue.

Before you purchase, I recommend that you continue to test on The Events Calendar plugin, so that you don’t need to pay anything. Our PRO add-on gives you more functionality, but the base is the same so generally, a theme that works nicely in core will also look nice in PRO.

Cheers,
    Leah

Gareth

Thanks for the reply. I think you may be right that it’s a theme conflict as I am testing the plugin on another site under a different theme and the /events page *does* show events in it in this case and also the calendar view show properly set within the main page area. I’ll pick these up with the theme author to see if I can get a fix. And if I can proceed with that theme and the plugin, rest assured I’ll definitely go Pro.

Many thanks,
    Gareth

Gareth

If it helps, this is how the main ‘Events’ page shows up (I have already added an Event)…

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/batifans/personal/ScreenShot2013-02-02at122143_zps28e6b589.png

And this is the calendar layout issue…

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/batifans/personal/ScreenShot2013-02-02at124217_zps0a4085ef.png

I will treat these as conflicts with the theme as you suggest.
    Many thanks 🙂

Leah

Thanks for the screen shots Gareth. That definitely looks like a theme conflict, so I think getting in touch with the theme dev will be your best bet.

Cheers,
    Leah

Geoff Fitch

Had exactly the same issue with a different theme.

Leah

Hey Geoff,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble as well. My advice is the same- you’ll want to get in touch with the theme developer to see if they have some idea about where the conflict is. If the dev feels like the issue is on our end, do please let us know and we’ll see what we can do. But unfortunately most theme conflicts are simply outside our scope of support.

Good luck,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events page presentation’ is closed to new replies.