Events page broken when WPML is active on Pro theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events page broken when WPML is active on Pro theme

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Bastien Bournet-Charrier.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I’ve followed the instructions for the setup here : https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

However we still have issues using WPML with TEC. As soon as WPML is on, our events page is broken. This seems to be related with our theme, Pro by Themeco.

Would appreciate if you could take a look!

Thank you

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Hey Geoff,

Thank you as well for the follow-up with this and the additional information.

I have forwarded the warning to WPML and will let you know if they find anything.

Let’s keep in touch!

All best,
    B

Hey Geoff,

The guys over at WPML aren’t sure what to make of this error and are suggesting that some files might be corrupted in TEC plugin.

To confirm this wasn’t the case I deleted both TEC and TEC Pro and reinstalled both plugins­. Unfortunately the same problem still happens on the Events archive page.

I’ll report back to them and let you know in case of any progress.

Thank you!

Hey Geoff,

Just wanted to let you know that we got some feedback from WPML :

The only thing that appears to me in the log is not related to WPML, but to your theme, calling a deprecated function from the plugin The Events Calendar

It looks like they are unable to find the problem and they are suggesting that this has to do with using our theme with TEC.

We’re still waiting for some feedback from Themeco, although they have noticed us that since this is a plugin issue not related to the theme in itself it may take longer to get an answer.

Let me know if you find anything!

Also note that I’ve taken a deep look at the Translation Management page in WPML and couldn’t find where to translate both the “events” and “event” slug.

In TEC General Settings, the fields “Events URL Slug” and “Single event URL Slug” do not show up as compatible with WPML translation. What I mean is that we should see a little drop-down menu below it to choose the language of the entered value. I know that earlier versions of WPML did not work like this so it’s likely this is set elsewhere.

However, in the Custom Posts section, there is only “Events” and the original value shows up as singular “Event”. I’m not sure where WPML would pull the translation for the plural version, which is the slug used in the url “/events/”.

Could it be the reason why the Events page is not working or am I missing something obvious?

Geoff B.

Good evening Bastien,

I made many tests on my end and the only thing that was successful in getting something to display was to remove the calls being made by the functions.php file of your theme (and adjusting the header accordingly).

So I do not believe this has to do with your customizations of the Events Calendar being deprecated. It sounds more like something is going very wrong whenever the WordPress Archives are being used (which our plugin relies on).

Also note that I’ve taken a deep look at the Translation Management page in WPML and couldn’t find where to translate both the “events” and “event” slug.

For now it is not possible to translate the “events” slug. Only the “event” one.
    Technically, the method to do that would be to use the same one as for the date format translation, but we still have to work on this.

The translation for “event” under the Multilingual setup tab of Translation management works great however (you might have to empty WPML’s cache and re-save your permalinks for that to kick in).

So in other words, this is not the cause of the issue. The issue in this case is theme-based.
    You can try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see what I mean.

I realize this is not awesome, but it sounds like your best bet would be to dequeue all the includes from your theme one-by-one until you find the culprit(s).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events page broken when WPML is active on Pro theme’ is closed to new replies.