Events page 404 page, single events work fine.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events page 404 page, single events work fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Britton
    Participant

Hello,

I’m running into an issue with a site that I’m developing. I’ve installed Tribe Events; it worked fine on my localhost server, but I uploaded it to my live server and have been running into problems.

The calendar page (currently defaulting to list view), displays a 404 error, while all single events and other pages on the site display completely fine.

I’ve done several things to try to fix this issue:

• Flushed the permalinks (I did this between all of these steps)
    • Deactivated all plugins
    • Set the theme to WP’s default 2015 theme
    • Set the permalinks to default
    • Checked ‘events’ > Settings > General > Events URL slug
    • Removed and reactivated my licenses
    • Checked my .htaccess file for consistancy
    • Tried the functions.php snippet solution (https://gist.github.com/elimn/877bc90421526d22900b)
    • Updated all Tribe plugins
    • Switched from defaulting to list view to the other available views

The issue persists regardless of whether permalinks are set to default or %postname%.

I’m currently running WP 4.3.1
    Tribe Events Calendar PRO: 3.12.5
    Tribe Events Calendar: 3.12.4
    Tribe/WooCommerce Tickets 3.12

Please help. Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Webgrain,

Thanks for being so specific on what you have tried, and for giving all of those a whirl. Definitely some choice diagnostic steps thus far. I would love to help you figure this out.

It’s possible another post or page is hijacking that URL by accident. We could glean some more information by trying the following:

1. Install the WordPress Debug Bar.
    2. Visit the Events Page.
    3. Click Debug in the upper right, then click on the Request tab. Copy/paste the info from the request tab here so I can inspect it.

Would that work?

• Brook
    Nicholas Britton
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Brook.

Here is the request page response:

Request:

events

Query String:

post_type=tribe_events&eventDisplay=default

Matched Rewrite Rule:

(?:events)/?$

Matched Rewrite Query:

post_type=tribe_events&eventDisplay=default

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that webgrain. That is the proper query, which is surprising. But it does eliminate one potential issue.

Are you sharing the same database between the live and local servers? Are all of your posts and pages the same?

Would it be possible to get the System Information for your live server? I appreciate your sharing the PHP version earlier. But that doesn’t seem to be for the live server, as your server is reporting it is PHP 5.3. If I could get a fully copy of the system information something might jump out as a good next step here. I have tried reproducing your issue in a variety of ways but not seeing a similar problem. And trying to fix something you can’t reproduce is like operating blind. 🙁

Thanks!

• Brook
    Nicholas Britton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nicholas Britton
    Participant

FYI, I also have the same plugin running on multiple other sites on that server with no issue.

Nicholas Britton
    Participant

Okay, so this is a weird one. In order to solve this issue I did the following:

1. Backed everything up.
    2. Exported all Tribe data using the WP export tool
    3. Installed the Event Rocket plugin.
    4. Deactivated and deleted ALL Tribe plugins
    5. Ran the Event Rocket cleanup function
    6. Reinstalled everything from scratch
    7. Imported in this order: organizers, venues, events, tickets
    8. Removed Event Rocket

That appears to have fixed the problem. It should be noted that this became an issue after moving from my Localhost to a live server; somewhere the DB data got damaged.

The key was apparently to wipe every instance of Tribe in the DB. Odd problem but it’s fixed. This seems like a last resort to the issue, but it worked well.

Brook
    Participant

Interesting. Thank you for getting back webgrain. Sometimes corruption does happen but of course its rare. I am glad you tried that. I probably would have tried something similar too on my own server, but would have been slow to advise such a drastic action without knowing your technical capability. For some peoples it’s a much bigger pain than others.

I hope the rest of your sites go smooth. Please let us know if you ever need anything else. Cheers!
    – Brook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events page 404 page, single events work fine.’ is closed to new replies.