events out of date order when used in newest version of wp

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO events out of date order when used in newest version of wp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Rob,
    I am using events calendar pro on my client’s site, http://www.bophillipsband.com, love the potential of the plugin! However, I’m having issues with the dates being presented on my homepage in order that they were entered, rather than when they occur.

‘tribe_events’, ‘posts_per_page’ => 6, ‘orderby’ => ‘_EventDate’, ‘order’ => ‘ASC’, ‘paged’ ) ); ?>

have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); ?>

ID, ‘events’, true); ?>

<!—->

I’m no coder, found this snipped on the forum and used it – which worked to display my events where I wanted them… just not in order. Help?

Rob

Hi Sarah. Thanks for the report and my apologies for the inconvenience you’re facing. I can try and help you out with this and will get a developer involved if I can’t resolve it myself.

Were these events you migrated from an earlier build, or created new? If the former, were they from 1.6.5 or 1.3.3? Let me know whether this issue persists if you deactivate other plugins (which would eliminate the potential of a plugin conflict) as well.

Once I have the information requested above, I’ll do what I can to recreate on my end.

Sarah
    Participant

Rob, new build, new events! I will try the other plugins tonight during downtime

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Sarah. If the other plugin solution doesn’t work just let me know; might be a good idea if you could send me a set of backend credentials via email (rob at tri.be) after there, should the issue persist, so I can try to resolve on your site.

We’re also in the process of releasing 2.0.1 right now; it should be live within 2-3 hours. Once it’s up and you’ve upgraded, I’d be interested to see if your issue was resolved.

Brian
    Participant

Sarah, get rid of ‘orderby’ => ‘_EventDate’ , and ‘order’ => ‘ASC’ and use

‘eventDisplay’=> ‘upcoming’

Sarah
    Participant

@Rob- Tried disabling plugins and got same results, @Brian, didn’t work either. Rob, I’m sending you an Admin login to see if you can help me figure this out. I bought the dev license and have two other sites I want to use this on!

Sarah
    Participant

@rob, it’s also now displaying 10 posts, not the 6 I have it programmed for

Brian
    Participant

On two of my sites that I’ve upgraded to ECP the upcoming event are not in order of event date either now…… This is the query I’m using:

http://pastebin.com/mvuPryxh

Rob

Brian, are you still having issues? Or was that code just a suggestion for Sarah? Wanted to confirm.

Sarah: I am seeing the issue, thanks for sending that over. Is it possible that this is a conflict with your theme or theme settings? I’d advise a couple things here: first, try changing the theme settings available under the TEC settings; I don’t know how much effect that’ll have but worth a shot. The other would be to revert back to the 2011 theme, just to check if the issue persists – its very possible that this is a conflict with your theme directly. I didn’t feel comfortable making that change on your site myself.

I’ve also passed this on to our dev, so he can take a look – but he’s out the rest of the week so the earliest I’ll hear from him is this weekend. Ideally we can address this ourselves between now and then.

Rob

Brian, are you still having issues? Or was that code just a suggestion for Sarah? Wanted to confirm.

Sarah: I am seeing the issue, thanks for sending that over. Is it possible that this is a conflict with your theme or theme settings? I’d advise a couple things here: first, try changing the theme settings available under the TEC settings; I don’t know how much effect that’ll have but worth a shot. The other would be to revert back to the 2011 theme, just to check if the issue persists – its very possible that this is a conflict with your theme directly. I didn’t feel comfortable making that change on your site myself.

I’ve also passed this on to our dev, so he can take a look – but he’s out the rest of the week so the earliest I’ll hear from him is this weekend. Ideally we can address this ourselves between now and then.

Rob

Rob

Rob

Rob

Sarah
    Participant

Rob,
    my theme choices are Default Page Template, Default Event Template, One column no sidebar. Tried all three, none affected the box on the homepage, only the calendar page. my client is fast losing patience with me… I’ll try anything… any other ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘events out of date order when used in newest version of wp’ is closed to new replies.