Events only show when page refreshed, not when months clicked

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events only show when page refreshed, not when months clicked

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Pavel
    Participant

When the calendar is loaded and then either the next or previous month link is clicked and the new month is displayed, no events appear. If the page is then refreshed, the events are then displayed. Additionally when the month links are clicked the message ‘There were no results found.’ is also displayed. This only happens when you are not logged into WordPress.

Can be seen at http://divineinfant.org/events/month/

< body < ? php body_class() ? > > is there.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy mmwebdesign,

That was a good call in checking the <body> tag. Thanks for being so thorough in your post, it will definitely help fix this issue quicker. I will need to gather some more information from you to further diagnose.

It is strange, but it seems that any call to admin-ajax.php returns no results. This is likely the result of a plugin conflict. If you know about admin-ajax.php, are you aware of any plugins or even some code in your theme that might be modifying how this works?

Could you run through some diagnostic steps for me? First, could you try temporarily activating the default 2013 theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default 2013 theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the 2013 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Finally, would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

I know that is a lot of steps to run through. But, if you do them all hopefully I will be amply equipped with information and can thus resolve this problem ASAP. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

– Brook

Christopher Pavel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for running through those steps. Glad we were able to narrow it down. Now that we know it is the Press Permit Core plugin that is conflicting hopefully there is a setting inside of the plugin that will make it more compatible with TEC. Do you have any customer roles/permissions that you think might be applying to events, like maybe one applying to the tribe_events post_type? If so, can you try disabling it and seeing if everything works? Can you try playing around with other options and seeing if you can get the plugin to play nice.

While we do our best to make our plugin broadly compatible, sometimes TEC still conflicts with certain other plugins. You might contact the Press Permit dev and see if he has any idea on how to get the two to play nice (they can also get in touch with our devs via github if they have questions). Our plugin is nearing a million downloads now, and so frequently other plugin devs are interested in getting their plugin to work. You are the second person I have seen trying to run both plugins, but finding that they conflict. At the moment with only two users having trouble, there is not much we can do to help you to get them to integrate, as that falls outside our scope of support. I wish we had unlimited resources, but we do not. So with smaller plugins like this one we can only spend so much time looking into conflicts, unless a fair number of users experience issues. 🙁

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Christopher Pavel
    Participant

Brook,
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction… I went into the Press Permit settings and unchecked the ‘Events’ box under Core->’Filtered Post Types’. This has resolved the issue.

Brook
    Participant

Awesome! Good to hear there is a resolution. Thank you for sharing it with other users.

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events only show when page refreshed, not when months clicked’ is closed to new replies.