Events not updating with changes in time and location

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not updating with changes in time and location

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    devdept
    Participant

I import events from several Google Calendars on a daily basis. I have the the Update Authority set to: Import events but preserve local changes to event fields. I have a reoccuring event called Youth Fellowship that is scheduled for every Sunday from 6-7:30pm. On the September 10, 2017 Youth Fellowship Event the location was changed from Youth Center to Great Hall. The event on the Modern Tribe Youth Calander has not been updated to the new location. I have also noticed that time and event titles are not updated with changes.

This is the url for my calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/5hqnfcsllo28s7ar2j5fjs0nmk%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Nick,

Thanks for reaching out, I’m happy to help! πŸ™‚

A couple things I need to know in order to help:

1. Clear your site’s cache to make sure you’re not seeing an old copy. Please let me know how that goes!
    2. Can you let me know what you’re trying to preserve by not overwriting events? This will help me out with being able to make sure that we can accomplish what you hope to with any solutions I offer. πŸ™‚

Let me know how it goes and we’ll work on it from there!

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

devdept
    Participant

I have checked the cache and that does not appear to be the issue. I import the google calendar and then add graphics and text to the event. This is why I have this setting on.

Can you tell me why the changes made to the Google Calendar are not being reflected in the Timely Calendar?
    Below is a repeat of my question:
    I import events from several Google Calendars on a daily basis. I have the the Update Authority set to: Import events but preserve local changes to event fields. I have a reoccuring event called Youth Fellowship that is scheduled for every Sunday from 6-7:30pm. On the September 10, 2017 Youth Fellowship Event the location was changed from Youth Center to Great Hall. The event on the Modern Tribe Youth Calander has not been updated to the new location. I have also noticed that time and event titles are not updated with changes.

This is the url for my calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/5hqnfcsllo28s7ar2j5fjs0nmk%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Courtney

Hi Nick

I’ll be filling in as Shelby is out for a few days. So sorry for the delay thus far.

Can you tell me when you go to Events Β» Settings Β» Imports Β» Event Update Authority, do you have “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source” selected?

This should allow the imports to be overwritten when changes are made.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

devdept
    Participant

I stated in my support request the setting

I have the the Update Authority set to: Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.

devdept
    Participant

Please all of my entries before replying as it is just delaying the time it takes to get this resolved.

Courtney

Hi Nick

We are looking into this issue still. There is a chance that setting the imports to every 30min is causing EA to pull in from cache vs Google Calendar. Can you swap to at least every 6 hours instead, or longer, and let me know if that impacts the results.

In the meantime, I am flagging this thread for further attention. We have a bug logged that sounds very similar to this, and will update you as soon as we have the fix available.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

devdept
    Participant

I am running my imports once a day. I am not running them every 30 minutes.

Courtney

Thanks Nick

We are still looking into the cause of this bug and will contact you again when a solution is available.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

devdept
    Participant

Any update on when this will be fixed?

Patricia

Hi Nick,

Courtney is on maternity leave now and she asked me to step in and help you with any questions you may have.

I’ve reviewed our internal bug report and at this moment we don’t have a date to release this fix.

I cannot guarantee when this problem will be solved, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any other questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Nick!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of out plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-8-event-tickets-plus-4-8/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not updating with changes in time and location’ is closed to new replies.