Events not updating properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not updating properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jared Shih
    Participant

Hi,

We have sites using the tribe calendar and updating via ical links to Google Calendar. On these calendars it appears that events which are deleted in Google calendar do not get deleted on the site calendar. Take for instance this example:

https://northforkreformsynagogue.org/events/2018-11/

On Nov 17th there are 2 events one is test the other is adult education. The adult education was deleted at the same time test was added in Google. The test event got added to the site but the deleted event still remains.

Should Google event that are deleted also be reflected on the site after the ical link has been imported?

Thanks for your help!

Jared Shih
    Participant

Hi,

Just following up on this one too. Thanks!

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Jared,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with Event Aggregator.

A few things to check on to start:

• If you go to Settings > General, make sure that your timezone matches the timezone you have set on your calendar.
    • Take a look at the settings you have in Events > Settings > Imports.  These setting will dictate how events are handled upon import, in addition to how they are handled when edited/removed/added: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

Let me know how it goes!

Best,

Juan.

Jared Shih
    Participant

Thanks Juan,

We already checked all this. It’s already set and working as expected: http://icecream.me/e13231fb789f5beea7295a85249c8885

The only issue we are having is that events which have been deleted on the Google Calendar are not being removed from the local site after importing the calendar again. All other events are updating without issue. Just events that should have been deleted remain.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Jared,

Thanks for the follow-up. And sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, Events Aggregator cannot delete the events that were deleted from a Google Calendar.

This feature has been proposed, so I recommend you to upvote these threads on UserVoice:

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can.

Juan

Jared Shih
    Participant

Thanks, that is a big problem for us. What can we do with hundreds of
    events?

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Jared,

Thank you for the follow-up. I’m deeply sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my previous response, that’s not something that the events aggregator can do right now. At this moment, upvoting the requests on the UserVoice and handling your events deletions manually would be the solution.

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can.

Juan

Jared Shih
    Participant

OK. Please let me know if you have a solution to this soon.

Thanks

juanfra
    Keymaster

Thank you for the follow-up

Sure, we will let you know.

Best,

Juan.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not updating properly’ is closed to new replies.