Events not updating after Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not updating after Import

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by rachel.ryersonaflc.org.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I just purchased the aggregator plugin and I have imported a calendar from Google Calendars. I just deleted 1 event and changed an event date in Google, did an import and neither changes came over. How do I get this to work properly?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on.

First, deleting an event in the source calendar will not delete the event from your site calendar the next time the import is run. You would need to delete that event manually if you no longer want it to show on your calendar. If this is a feature that you would like to see added in the future, please do let us know over in our Feature Ideas Forum! This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

For the issue with your change not being updated in your calendar, can you check that you have the “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.” option set under Events > Settings > Imports > Event Update Authority?

Thanks,

Jennifer

We have events that after we import we add a feature image and a description to the event in WordPress. If I choose the option of “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source”, will that delete the local changes?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

The description will be overwritten, but the featured image should be ok. You can instead select the “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.” option for that setting, which will import changes from the source except for any fields that you have changed on your site calendar. This should get your date changed but leave your image and description as you set them.

Let me know if this works for you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not updating after Import’ is closed to new replies.