Events not sorted by date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not sorted by date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

We currently have two issues:

1) the issue that the events are not sorting by date?
    i.e. the second event that should be in June shows up in the middle of January?

2) if you click on next events, no events show up

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher,

I’m sorry that you’re running into these issues, but I’ll be happy to help you get them resolved.

I believe the problem with the sorting is coming from a conflict with the Post Types Order plugin. This post has some code that you can add to the functions.php file of your child theme, which should get the posts sorted correctly for you.

There is a known compatibility issue with Divi related to pagination, but we do have an extension that should fix it for you. Can you give this a try and let me know if it works?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Christopher
    Participant

Thank you so much for your assistance. The Divi theme plugin seems to work. But the events are still not sorted the right way.

Christopher
    Participant

Thanks for all your help. We have decided to deactivate the Post Types Order plugin. And now the ordering of events works. Maybe you will find a better solution in the future.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher,

I’m glad that the Divi extension worked for you! The Post Order Type plugin changes the default order or posts, but the snippet in the post that I linked to tells the events to ignore any custom sort order, which has worked for other users with this issue in the past. Did you try adding this to your functions.php file?

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not sorted by date’ is closed to new replies.