Events not shown, but they are planned

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not shown, but they are planned

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Filip
    Participant

On the frontpage of erasmusage.com we show 2 upcoming events using the widget. Although we have over 20 events planned, none show. The widget simply states: No Events Planned. Please advise, thanks.

George
    Participant

Hey Filip,

Sorry to hear about this – has this issue always been happening with your widget, or did it just start recently? If the latter, then what were some of the last changes you remember making on your site before this issue arose?

Next, it looks like you’ve made some somehwat-extensive customizations to The Events Calendar’s front-end templates, right? It’s awesome and looks great, and there’s no problem with making such customizations – just curious about it though, as it’s possible that there could be a code conflict causing this from one or a combination of these sources:

• Other plugins on your site
    • Your theme
    • Your custom code

I cannot recreate this problem, so a conflict of some kind seems likely to be the case.

Let me know what you think about some of the questions I rose up earlier in my reply here, and we can pursue more troubleshooting steps from there based on your reply.

Thank you!
    George

Filip
    Participant

Functionality of the site has not changed; only updates to the software (WP+plugins) were done. FWIW it’s not my widget but yours 😉 This installation has been stable for years, as the client just published stuff. Customization of template is not that extensive; we just run a couple of queries here and there, nothing that might touch or conflict otherwise IMO. Please share your thoughts, thanks.

Filip
    Participant

Updating the code for my (yes, sorry it was my widget code indeed) using the updated template from the plugin folder restored functionality. Nevertheless I’d rather have it throw an error message, then state that there are no events planned. Marking this solved, thanks.

George
    Participant

Hey Filip,

Thanks for the update(s) here, I’m glad that things are working again. The posting of error messages is great feedback, and much appreciated. We could totally use WordPress’ logging feature there to print errors but only if WP_DEBUG is active so that the site owner can disable them easily if they’d like.

Stay tuned to plugin updates for, hopefully, some better handling of issues like that.

For now, though: best of luck with your site!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not shown, but they are planned’ is closed to new replies.