Events not showing when clicking into event from Calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing when clicking into event from Calendar view

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Kylie
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have loaded and installed your calendar, but when I click to enter an event to get more details, the next screen is blank. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Kylie
    Participant

Sorry here is more details on my problem;

I have been able to install both parts correctly.
    I am running a plugin called WISHLIST MANAGER – this enables me to make post/pages and categories as either being public or private to members or non members.
    I click on an event that is showing in the calendar, and it opens into a blank screen. I cannot see any details about the post, or costs etc. I cannot even see the header, or footer for the calendar showing.

Rob

Hi Kylie. Sorry to hear you’ve been having problems. The first thing I’d suggest: go into the Settings –> Permalinks page, and just save your permalinks. No need to make any changes – just save. After that, refresh the frontend of the site, try your link again, and the event should be functional.

If not…does the issue persist when you deactivate the Wishlist Manager or any other plugins? If it doesn’t that means its a conflict with one of those & The Events Calendar.

Kylie
    Participant

Hi Rob, I have tried all those things you have recommended above and it is still not working.
    Are there some more details I can give you to see if something else is causing the problem. I have turned off every single plugin I have, and it still has the same problem.

Kylie
    Participant

Ok I think I have worked out it is to do with the theme I am using. Any ideas on where I could check in my current theme to see what might be stopping it from working?

Kylie
    Participant

It seems to have the problem when it goes to the single event (eg. event) do I need to make a page called event – then have the category id under it to get them to show?

Kylie
    Participant

Also, when I go to my main events page to see my calendar, should the header on that page be the name of the last calendar event I just added, as mine shows that, and not the page name.

Rob

Hi Kylie. Thanks for the follow-up; sorry to hear the suggestions proposed previously didn’t work. Glad to see we’ve narrowed this down to the theme itself. Have you tried changing the templating options under the Settings –> The Events Calendar page? There are a couple of built in ones, as well as whatever your theme has to offer. Playing around with those will change how your plugin appears along the site. Let me know.

You don’t need to make a page called “Event,” no – the event URLs are configured under your settings page as well. Can I get a link to your site to check this stuff out directly?

Kylie
    Participant

Hi Rob, I have already tried that also and it made no difference. Currently the site is being locally hosted so there is no way for me to give you access to it, but once I have uploaded it then maybe you could look at it then for me.

Kylie,

one thing you can do is give rob a guided tour via screencast, that ay he can at least see what you are referring to. Jing video is a nice free screencast solution.

Kylie
    Participant

Hi Shane, here is a video of the problem.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1729329/Events_Problem.swf

Kylie
    Participant
    Rob

Hi Kylie. Thanks for sending this over; what you’ve provided here is very helpful. I’m admittedly at a bit of a loss on this one, as yours is the first case I’ve seen of this. I’ve asked our developer to take a look at this over the weekend so we can hopefully get you a substantive response for Monday. My apologies for the delay and inconvenience in the interim.

Rob

Kylie, I spoke this over with our dev and we’re both sort of at a loss as to what this issue could be, without actually having backend access to the site. The blank screen indicates an error, so a good check would be to check your apache error logs right after you sees the blank screen and give us the stack trace, so we can debug. Think that’s possible?

Kylie
    Participant

I’m going to upload to the net today and I will email you a temp login to look at it, if that will help, do you have a private email I can send the link to instead of it being in the forum?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing when clicking into event from Calendar view’ is closed to new replies.