Events not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    nickivasquez
    Participant

Hello,

Hi,

I have purchased the pro version and did not even try the free plugin before I purchased the pro plugin, so I’m not sure if it worked before the pro version or not. I did read the startup documentation and watched the video. I noticed that the versions had to match…Regular event pro is at 3.3.1 and the pro is 3.3. However I couldn’t find a 3.3 version of the free version. Could this be the problem? Can I download a 3.3.1 version of the Pro?

I am adding events, but none of them show up in the calendar…
    It seems they all have thier own pages, but don’t show up on the month view, or week view. When I click on “upcoming events” I get a 404 error.

What should I do?

nickivasquez
    Participant

Thank you for the email response. I did try to change to another theme. Bad news for me is that the Calendar works with the default theme. I know that it isn’t your problem anymore because it works with the default theme…but I just paid $60 for this plugin and I cannot change my theme. The whole site is built already. Can you possibly take a look and see if you have any suggestions? If not, and my theme developer can’t help-would I be able to get my money back for this plugin?

Let me know if it’s possible for you to take a look, I would have to give you a login for my site.

Thanks,
    Nicki

Barry

Hi Nicki,

It can certainly be tricky to help with third party themes so there may not be too much we can do here, but we’ll certainly take a quick look and see if anything obvious jumps out.

Can you tell me what the theme is and provide a URL that will allows us to grab a copy (which you could share as a private reply, if you preferred)?

Thanks!

nickivasquez
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Barry

<div>

(I didn’t mean to make my last reply private and as some customers have had problems reading private replies from staff members I’m going to re-post:)

The calendar is populated with your events: to see this, navigate directly to {your-url}/calendar/2014-02/ – however, when you are on the main calendar view the problem is that nothing happens when you use the forward/backward links and you are effectively only able to see the current month’s events (right now you don’t have any).

Based on what you have told me, a good guess is that a piece of Javascript enqueued by your theme is intercepting the click events and not letting them propagate.

Again, can you provide a link so we can obtain a copy of the theme?

</div>

nickivasquez
    Participant

This reply is private.

nickivasquez
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Can you explain what exactly you need from my theme? Do you need a dropbox link of the zip file? Just let me know the best way to get it to you!!! I will do it!!! One really weird thing I just discovered is that if I disable the Pro version, I can forward click on the months, but if the pro version in enabled I can’t movie the months…

Any Ideas?

Again let me know how to do the theme…I need help so much!! And I appreciate you willing to take a look at this!

nickivasquez
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Excellent, thank you. I’ll take a look – though I can’t make any promises – and get back to you. Thanks!

nickivasquez
    Participant

Hi Barry,

If you cannot fix this…would there by any way I can get my money back? I am now researching different calendars to use because I have tried so many things to try to fix this!! Please let me know if you find any solutions, or if I can get my money back…

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

So I installed Rocco and didn’t actually hit the same problem on month view. However:

• It looks like it may be using something called a polyfill script which is not clearing up after itself – for instance the event search field, when left empty, is being submitted with the word ‘Search’ inside it. I don’t know if you were also hitting up against this but if so that would seem to be a problem introduced by the theme (you won’t find the same thing with most other themes, for instance)
    • It did also require me to install a number of other plugins which I deliberately didn’t do, to keep the test simple. If it is in fact necessary to install all of those to replicate this problem then I’d request as a further troubleshooting step you also try deactivating all other plugins (keep your theme active this time round) – and see if the current problem disappears – then reactivate them one by one to find whichever is conflicting

In summary, there is certainly at least one issue (unrelated to what you initially reported) with your theme – but the core issue I suspect may be due to one of the plugins your theme requires.

Does that make sense – and are you happy with the process for troubleshooting this further?

Thanks!

nickivasquez
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I would like to troubleshoot this as much as I can to fix it-as I really do want this plugin. I just have to be able to actually use it! I did try to deactivate all plugins and then reinstalled them all 1 by 1 this morning. Same thing happened with all my plugins disabled. What would be different between your and mine then?

nickivasquez
    Participant

So i actually paid a developer to take a look at this because I needed a fix pronto, and all that needed to be done, was the search bar in the admin section had to be disabled!!! Unbelievable that something so simple caused me such a headache. Maybe that should be added as an instruction in the install?

Barry

Awesome that you found a fix!

I did try to deactivate all plugins and then reinstalled them all 1 by 1 this morning. Same thing happened with all my plugins disabled. What would be different between your and mine then?

Difficult to say. A setting somewhere or a piece of custom code?

So i actually paid a developer to take a look at this because I needed a fix pronto, and all that needed to be done, was the search bar in the admin section had to be disabled!

Again, really great you’ve got a working solution 🙂

I do want to highlight though that this would tend to bear out my earlier suggestion of a polyfill script impacting on things (that is, a piece of Javascript that in this case was inserting the actual word Search into the search field – hence the 404s since you probably had no events containing that word in the title or description).

So, yes, reverting to the “classic” header instead of the Tribe bar will certainly avoid this since there will be no search field – but I do want to be clear that this does not suggest there is a fault with the Tribe bar (or specifically with the search field within the Tribe bar) and for that reason I would not agree that this be added as a standard step in our instructions.

The important thing of course is you have a solution you’re happy with and with that in mind I’ll go ahead and close this thread – of course if we can help with anything else please do post a new thread or threads as needed.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing up’ is closed to new replies.