Events not showing in WordPress Categories Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing in WordPress Categories Widget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    customerpath
    Participant

Please watch this quick video to explain, https://www.useloom.com/share/5fc560a556b84ab598372e8c71cc6752

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again Ian!

I’d be happy to help with your question.

Looking at your site, I can see that you are using the default “category widget” on your home page. This will only show regular posts that are assigned categories. The categories for events and posts completely separate taxonomies. However, the “tags” taxonomy is shared between posts and events.

While you can set to show the events in with your posts, this does not actually change the post type, so the post categories will not apply.

I’m not sure why the widget is showing the number of posts next to the categories when there are not actually any posts. This may have to do with how your theme handles things.

Unfortunately, there is not an events category widget available. If there are not a lot of categories, you could create this manually using either an HTML widget, or a custom menu widget. If you need these categories to be dynamic, that may not be a good solution.

You might also check out this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-widgets/ which includes a custom post type category widget.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing in WordPress Categories Widget’ is closed to new replies.