Events not showing in Widgets

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing in Widgets

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    marketfresh
    Participant

Hello,
    I see my events on the events calendar page, but none of the events are showing in the widget on the home page.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot them with you.

I visited your site and see what you mean there are Events, but not showing in the Widgets.

Do you have any of those events recurring and set to hide the recurrence?

Also, if you create a new test event does it show?

What happens if you remove and resave the widgets in a different order? Perhaps in the first column of that footer area or on a sidebar if you have one?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

marketfresh
    Participant

Hi Brian,

It looks like the widget works when it’s placed in the footer. Why wouldn’t it work in the widget in the body?

-Jonathan

marketfresh
    Participant

Ok, so when I drag the widget from the Footer to the place where I want it in the body, it works.
    Will I always first have to create the widget in the footer and then drag it to the body for it to work?

-Jonathan

Brian
    Keymaster

No that should not be how it works and I could not replicate in my sites.

It could be something with body widget area that has an error that is causing the new widgets to not save correctly.

Can you take a look at the coding for the widget areas and verify everything is correct according to what WordPress requires?

It maybe possible to try the WordPress debug process and see if that helps narrow down the issue:

Can you please follow the section of the WordPress Codex Debug titled “Example wp-config.php for Debugging” on this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please add that coding to your wp-config.php file.

Then try adding a couple widgets to the body widget area and see if there are any errors.

Thanks

marketfresh
    Participant

Thanks for that debugging idea, Brian. I found that a plugin called “Quick Notice Bar” was causing the problem.

-Jonathan

marketfresh
    Participant

I take that back. The events disappeared again.

Here’s what’s happening now. My website is bi-lingual. The events are showing on the English home page, but not on the Spanish. I’m using the same events for both English and Spanish (not translating them).

After I activated debugging and saw that the Quick Notice Bar was causing a problem, I deactivated that plugin and the events showed up on the Spanish page. I made an edit to the widget (changed the amount of events to be shown), and the events disappeared. Debugging doesn’t show any conflicts or error.

Brian
    Keymaster

What are you using to have a Spanish and English Version of the site?

Unfortunately, we do not support WPML or any language plugins right now and there maybe nothing we can do to resolve this.

But, let me know and I may have a suggestion to fix this.

Thanks

marketfresh
    Participant

I’m using WPML, but like I said, I’m not translating the events, so the same events that show on the English page should show on the Spanish page. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Brian
    Keymaster

Yeah unfortunately, there are lots of conflicts between WPML and the Events Calendar and this seems to be one of them.

We are looking to make our plugin compatible with each other, but it does require a significant rewrite to our plugin to work.

I do not have a timeline when that might happen and we do not have any coding to help fix issues like this.

marketfresh
    Participant

Ok. So, I figured out that if I delete the Spanish translation of the event category, the events show in the widget. I think I can get this to work the way I want if I can figure out a way to force the /es/ slug into the URL if an event link is clicked from the Spanish site, because right now all the event links on the Spanish site default to the English site.

Is it realistic to hope that the plugin will be WPML compatible sometime in the near future (a year or 2)? I’m trying to use the plugin now in a hacked sort of way in hopes that it will one day become WPML compatible.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Brian
    Keymaster

I am hopeful we have integration with in the next year for WPML, but cannot give a timeline on when it might happen and something could always push it back too.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing in Widgets’ is closed to new replies.