Events not showing in week view on a weekend

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing in week view on a weekend

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joel
    Participant

Hi,

We have had an issue reported that when viewing the site on a weekend day, viewing the calendar by week view (which is the default) does not show any events.

If you switch the view mode to day or month the events appear again but on week view only the events do not show.

I have checked the site again this morning and the week view appears to be back to normal so we believe this issue is only occuring at weekends?

Unfortunately as the issue was only reported this weekend I have not had another weekend to test this out and take some screenshots etc.

Do you know of any other instances of this bug or any ideas as to what could be causing it?

Kind Regards,

James

Geoff B.

Good evening Joel and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the events disappearing from your views on weekends. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

This is a very odd issue to say the least.
    It looks like the theme you are using has a fair amount of customization on the week view.

If you don’t mind, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Secondly, if that happens again, I would recommend the following:

1. Clearing all cache
    2. After a DB backup, try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme (e.g: twenty-sixteen) and see if the issue persists. You could use a temporary “Maintenance page” plugin for that purpose.

As a side note, if you can test things out on a staging site, you might enjoy our latest features found in version 4.3.2 of our plugins 🙂

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Joel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey James,

Thank you for the files and for the clarification.

One of the things I noticed while installing the theme on my site is that these customizations might indeed be related to the issue.

What happens over time is that we modify and deprecate certain functions. As such, some of these customizations might need updating to continue to work properly.

For example, with WP_debug turned on, I received the message /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/deprecated/TribeEventsPro.php is deprecated since version 3.10! Use Tribe__Events__Pro__Main instead.

This leads me to believe that either temporarily renaming the /tribe-events/ folder (to deactivate it) or switching to a default WordPress theme might help.

I am not ruling out the possibility of a one-time glitch either.

As per your second question, you could totally “trick the system” if you ran a local install via MAMP or WAMP (by playing with your computer’s date).

So I guess for now, we should wait for the weekend.

But please keep me in the loop of that goes!

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing in week view on a weekend’ is closed to new replies.