Events Not Showing in Chronological Order

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Not Showing in Chronological Order

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

I have The Events Calendar 4.6.9, Events Calendar PRO 4.4.21, Filter Bar 4.5.2 and the events do not show in chronological view in Photo View.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue with photo view…I took a look at your site, and the events appear to be in the correct order. Were you able to get this resolved? If not, can you please send me a link to a page where this is happening so that I can take a look?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

If you go to this page ( rows 5, 6, 7, and 8 are out of chronilogical order):
    https://maverickconcerts.org/dir/schedule/#

Row 5: Shows events in this order: August 4 | August 4 | July 29
    Row 6: Shows events in this order: August 11 | August 12 | August 5
    Row 7: Shows events in this order: August 25 | August 25 | August 19
    Row 8: Shows events in this order: Sept 2 | August 26 | Sept 1

Best,
    Elizabeth

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for sending the link! I took a look at the rows you pointed out, but they are displaying correctly on my end (see screenshot). If you’re seeing something different, can you please send me a screenshot? Is this happening every time you visit the page, or is it something you only notice at certain times?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

They are out of order every time I look at the page in both Chrome and Firefox. I have cleared the browser and refreshed the page. I see they are in order in Safari. Is that that you were using?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Yes I was testing in Safari and Chrome (Mac), but I just ran some tests in Chrome on Windows 10 and did see some events that were out of order. I tried testing my local site in those browsers but was not able to recreate the issue.

If you haven’t done so already, can you please try testing this in those browsers in default environment (meaning having a default theme, like Twenty Seventeen, enabled and all other plugins besides The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro disabled) to see if the events are still out of order? Please also let me know which versions of those browsers you are using.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

I’m using Chrome 63.0.3239.132 and Firefox 57.0.4 on a mac os x 10.10.5.

I switched to the 2016 theme and disabled all plugins except The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Extension: Relableler, The Events Calendar PRO, and The Events Calendar: Filter Bar.

When I did that all of the events except the last row were in chronological order. The last row’s order was: September 1, August 26, September 2.

Also, just to mention again, the events only go out of order in photo view. They are in order in list view.

I’m using the Avada theme.

Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

I found this in an old thread on The Events Calendar Help Desk:

Topics: 1
    Guy Roberts
    December 17, 2015| Permalink

My events are showing in correct date order in list view, but not in photo view. I have the latest WP, Avada Theme and Events Calendar Pro version. Any advice?
    http://www.pragueshakespeare.com/events/

Please reply to [email protected]
    Thank you

Brian
    December 18, 2015| Permalink

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

The isotope script that arranges everything takes in size of the box, but not the date.

So the events might get out of order depending on their sizes.

If you use a mobile phone to view the events are in the correct order.

The only way to get them to line up in that view is to force the same height across all the events there.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

In regards to the last post I made copying the same problem I am having, Brian – the support tech, says, “The only way to get them to line up in that view is to force the same height across all the events there.”

What does that mean exactly? All of my events on this page https://maverickconcerts.org/dir/schedule/# have the same height and the images are all the same size (750x477px).

Elizabeth Cline
    Participant

Any news on this? I purchased Events Calendar Pro specifically to use the photo view. This is a pretty big glitch – to not have the events occur in chronological order. As you can see, all of my events are the same height and it doesn’t make any sense to not have them in fitRows.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here! I looked through the image/single event container sizes on this page, and the images and containers are just slightly different sizes, which I believe is causing the different ordering in different browsers. You can see this if you go to to the page and right click, then click “Inspect”, and hover over the images and containers (see screenshot). So, I would still recommend forcing the images and containers to be the exact same size, as Brian mentioned in the post you referenced. Can you give this a try and see if it helps?

One other thing to note is that Avada does have its own integration for our plugins, so theme styling will certainly play a role in how the events pages are displayed.

You might also try a plugin like this one, but if you go this route, the sizes of other images on your site may be affected as well, so keep an eye out for this.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Not Showing in Chronological Order’ is closed to new replies.