Events not showing as posts

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing as posts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    calebingersoll
    Participant

I would like my events to show as posts so I can add them to a front page slider. I’ve checked the box to show events with posts but it doesn’t seem to be working. I used to be able to see my post categories in the event creation page but now it’s missing. I would like the ability to choose a post category for the events since this is how the slider grabs them. Also, once the event is in the slider, is there an ability to re-order them based on event date and not publish date? Thanks!

Barry

Hi! Checking the box in settings to show them in the main post loop should do just that – but it doesn’t necessarily mean they will become available to your slider, depending on how it is built and functions.

Not knowing what slider you are using (and there are many of them out there, so I’m unlikely to be familiar with it anyway) means that, unfortunately, there isn’t much I can tell you here.

Have you reached out to the author of the slider plugin (or of your theme, if that’s what it is bundled with) to ask about integrating custom post types and taxonomies?

calebingersoll
    Participant

Hey Barry,
    I was able to get the events to show in the slider the way I need but now just trying to figure out how to reorder the events. When the events show up as posts, with any of the themes, they are in order of publish date. Is there no way to change that? Thanks

Barry

I’m not sure I can help too much here beyond telling you that the event start and end dates are held as post meta data – but having no idea how your slider works or how you are interacting with it (and this is anyway very much in the realms of custom development) I can’t really offer much further assistance on this occasion.

calebingersoll
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Leah

Thanks calebingersoll! And good luck with the project.

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing as posts’ is closed to new replies.