Events not showing and error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not showing and error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    graham barnes
    Participant

Hi I just updated my license and all my plugins on one of my clients websites: http://www.italkwithspirits.com/ but their calendar which used to show doesn’t show anymore on their events page: http://www.italkwithspirits.com/events/ despites events being in the admin which should show and also in the admin I am getting this error under the events section:

Warning: require_once(/home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/admin-views/recurrence-dialog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 801

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/admin-views/recurrence-dialog.php’ (include_path=’/home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/vendor/yoast/api-libs/google:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 801

In addition to that under the plugins section in the admin, I am getting this error at the top, however all my plugins are up-to-date:

The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.0.5. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Learn More.

Can anyone help?

thanks
    Graham

graham barnes
    Participant

I just saw when I went to the updates the plugin was out of date so managed to update it despite before it was saying it was up-to-date, that has since resolved the errors on the events page in the admin and the message:

The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.0.5. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Learn More.

No longer shows ๐Ÿ™‚ my main issue is the events are not showing in the calendar on the events page and also it says page not found despite me making a events page: http://www.italkwithspirits.com/events/

George
    Participant

Hey @graham,

Sorry you’re having trouble here! I’m having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what you mean and what your issues are at this point, so I’m curious if you could clarify a few things:

1. What are your exact problems right now?
    2. What version of The Events Calendar and Events PRO are currently active on your site?
    3. Have you made any events on your site? I’m sorry you have and this is obvious, but I’m just curious, because I went to your site’s /events/ URL and the Events calendar was sort of displaying, but just issued a notice that there weren’t events found โ†’ https://cloudup.com/cBIcKWPokR6

Thanks in advance for answering these questions Graham, I just want to be 100% certain about what your issues are so we can best help you resolve them! And thanks for your patience with the slower response times during this week with most of the team out for the Tribe Meetup ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    George

George
    Participant

Oh, and one last thing I forgot to mention โ€“ย you should not make an Events page yourself, the Events Calendar plugin itself will auto-generate a calendar page at that URL and if you add a page with the same permalink URL, it can actually negatively affect the events calendar functionality.

graham barnes
    Participant

Hi George,
    In order of the questions you asked:

1. The exact problems is no events are showing on the page, there are events in the system so I am unsure why they are showing, this is why I went and created a events page (ant it allowed me to create one with the same slug).
    2. The plugin versions are: The Events Calendar – 3.9.1, The Events Calendar Pro – 3.9.1
    3. Yes there are lots of events which can be seen from the admin, do you want access to it?

Shall I delete the page I made – despite it having the same slug /events/

Thanks
    Graham

George
    Participant

Hey Graham,

Thanks for the responses. For now, I’d recommend holding off on sharing any admin information โ€“ we really try to avoid doing that at all for a variety of important reasons, and is only used in extreme cases where there’s no alternative. I appreciate the offer and willingness to work with us to get things working though!

As for the other things โ€“ย for now, yes, delete the page “Events” that you’ve made yourself. It may not wholly resolve these issues but is worth ruling out as a possible culprit of any unintended behavior here.

After deleting your page, go to “Settings > Permlinks” in your admin and click “Save Changes” โ€“ don’t actually make any changes, just click that button, it’s a little trick that forces your WP installation’s permalinks to refresh across the site which might help here after deleting that page.

If, after these steps, things still aren’t working right, I’d recommend trying to activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve (or a more recent variant) on your site and seeing how things work.

Let us know what you find Graham!

Thanks,
    George

graham barnes
    Participant

Hi George,
    Unfortunately I have tried those but still no events show on the frontend.

thanks
    Graham

George
    Participant

Hey Graham,

Would it be possible for you to leave the Twenty Twelve theme active on your site, just for the duration of our troubleshooting here at least?

If possible, leave that theme active, and then head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to this:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

This will display PHP errors on your site if any exist, which might be helpful here.

Thanks,
    George

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by George.
    graham barnes
    Participant

Hi George,
    I can only leave the website like that for the next 3 hours.

No errors show as I have deactivated all the plugins except events calendar and events calendar pro, however when the other plugins are activated, the following errors show:

Notice: Undefined variable: addr in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/byrev-gallery-pagination-for-wordpress/byrev-gallery-pagination.php on line 262

Notice: Use of undefined constant WPRBLVERSION – assumed ‘WPRBLVERSION’ in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-render-blogroll-links/WP-Render-Blogroll.php on line 19

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method IvyCatTestimonials::start() should not be called statically in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 496

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method IvyCatTestimonials::register_widgets() should not be called statically in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 496

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method IvyCatTestimonials::init() should not be called statically in /home/ispeakwi/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 496

and lots more on the site.

Graham

graham barnes
    Participant

I forgot to mention, even by deactivating all the other plugins, the events calendar still displays no events.

graham barnes
    Participant

This reply is private.

graham barnes
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Graham,

Unfortunately, we really can’t log in to your site or FTP except in extremely rare circumstances. I appreciate you sharing that information but will remove it from your posts for security reasons momentarily.

As for your site โ€“ย how did things work with the Twenty Twelve theme active? I understand the limitations of your client’s needs, but I’m unable to notice any obvious errors on your site when I visit it with your current theme active. Is there any way you can leave the theme active for about 48 hours or so? Here now over the weekend, hopefully something like that is more acceptable because traffic is usually a lot slower over the weekend.

If you can leave the Twenty Twelve theme active, this is important and helpful because it would allow us to compare the exact functionality and try to spot any errors.

George
    Participant

Graham, I’m so sorry!

I literally just noticed a really important piece of information, which is the fact that you said your Events plugins are running version 3.0.5.

Before proceeding, even doing any theme-related stuff like I mentioned above, you will need to update both The Events Calendar and Events PRO to the most recent publicly-available versions, 3.9.1.

Let me know how things behave after updating to these versions. This is an absolutely vital step.

Sorry for missing that detail until now!

โ€” George

graham barnes
    Participant

I managed to fix it, there was only 1 event which was in draft format, i have now published this and changed the view to show all the months events, and it all shows fine for me, I will show it to the client as this isn’t my website and she will know more about it than me, thank you for taking the time to look at it.

I have updated to both versions now, when i first posted about the issue although it said 3.9.1, if i clicked on update at the top in the black bar it said it needed updating.

Graham

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing and error’ is closed to new replies.