Events Not Publishing / Page not found (continued)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Not Publishing / Page not found (continued)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    woodraf
    Participant

Let’s get back to my topic: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/after-upgrade-single-event-view-stopped-working/

I’m totally disappointed with your support. I made all steps suggested by you and The Event Calendar still not working with permalinks. I turn off all plugins and switched theme to default and all the time when I click link to single event I’m redirected to 404 page.

It looks that a lot of people have similar problem: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-not-publishingpage-not-found?replies=23

It looks that’s something definitely wrong with your permalink function.

woodraf
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi @woodraf,

I’m sorry that you’ve been hit with problems here and that you don’t feel you’ve had the experience you deserve from support. I reviewed your previous thread but, before we go any further, I just want to clarify if you tried the following steps/ask that you try them now (though I do see you may have done something very similar in the previous thread, I would like to be absolutely sure they were completed strictly in this order):

• Ensure your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve
    • Visit the Settings → Permalinks admin screen (you need change nothing, visiting this page is sufficient to “flush” the permalinks)

Do the above steps impact on the problem any more/do they allow you to view your single events?

woodraf
    Participant

OK, at last I found where is the problem. There is a permalink conflict with Mingle Forum plugin – this problem started after update of Event Calendar.

My problem is semi-solved: simply I turned off permalinks in Mingle Forum settings (but I really need it working).

Barry

OK – thanks for zeroing in on that. I don’t want to rehash what you’ve already covered – but just to be clear – if Mingle Forums is activated and permalinks enabled, can you still not access single event pages after flushing permalinks?

woodraf
    Participant

If Mingle Forums plugin is activated and Mingle Forums’ option “Use SEO friendly URLs” is also activated (Mingle Forum > Options) so access to single event pages (also switching calendar view) is not possible.

When I turn off Mingle’s “Use SEO friendly URLs” option and rebuilt link structure (step 4 of your tips) everything is fine with single event pages.

Barry

Yes – I understand that and that may be useful as we troubleshoot this (which seems to happen with a number of plugins, though at least in one case we identified is not in fact a specific-to-The-Events-Calendar issue but a general one). My question then is really, with Mingle Forums activated and it’s Use SEO Friendly URLs option enabled, can you access single event pages after flushing permalinks by visiting the Settings → Permalinks admin screen?

I know it may feel like I’m asking the same question again and again, but I don’t mean to, I just want to zero in on this detail as it could help us to identify a broader pattern.

Thanks!

woodraf
    Participant

My question then is really, with Mingle Forums activated and it’s Use SEO Friendly URLs option enabled, can you access single event pages after flushing permalinks by visiting the Settings → Permalinks admin screen?

Answer: With “Use SEO Friendly URLs” option enabled it’s not possible to access single event pages

Barry

OK. Well we’ll certainly add this to a list of things we are checking out in relation to single event 404s. There does seem to be a pattern between plugins/themes that add to and modify the rewrite rules table stored in the WordPress options table and this specific issue – but we’ll have to do more digging.

For now it sounds like you’ve isolated the problem and can workaround it and so I’ll close this thread – but we will endeavour to post updates as and when there is something to report.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Not Publishing / Page not found (continued)’ is closed to new replies.