Events not observing "Create recurring events in advance for" setting

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not observing "Create recurring events in advance for" setting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

Today we’ve noticed some of our events do not appear to be observing the “Create recurring events in advance for” setting.

This setting is currently set to 3 months. However, one event page tells us “82 instances of this event have been created through Oct 10, 2017”.

We’ve recently started using Community Events, however, this may not be related, as it appears to be happening on events both created by us and our visitors.

It doesn’t seem to be happening on all events though, just a few of them.

Geoff

Hey @nucreative and thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the trouble here, but let’s see if we can pinpoint the issue together.

Can you send me a screenshot of the date and recurrence settings for one of the affected events? I want to try to try to recreate the issue on my end using the same information you are and that will help me a lot.

It doesn’t seem to be happening on all events though, just a few of them.

That’s interesting! Is there anything about the affected events that you think might be different than the ones that are not affected? For example, were they entered differently? Or perhaps some were entered previously and the plugin (or perhaps something else on the site) has been updated since? That might provide a clue.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks @nucreative!

We had the setting set to 24 months a few weeks ago, and only recently switched it to 3 months. And in fact, now that I look at the event in question, it was originally published on October 12th 2015, and has recurring events up to Oct 2017.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Changing that setting will only affect events on an ongoing basis after the setting has been changed. Any event created prior to the setting change will remain intact.

I’m guessing that if we delete any of these remaining recurrences beyond 3 months in the future, we won’t see any more anomalies like this.

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest. You could delete those events and create new ones in their place. From there, I would expect that the 3-month setting would be respected.

Let me know if that’s the case for some reason and we can take some other routes for troubleshooting from there.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not observing "Create recurring events in advance for" setting’ is closed to new replies.