Events not listed with title

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not listed with title

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Rebecca.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca
    Participant

I am trying to import a calendar. I tried importing with the ics file but only a couple of events were added. So I then added that ics file to my iCalendar and they populated there. So then I tried importing through iCalendar URL. However, I am finding that certain classes do not have the title nor description of the event.

If importing doesn’t actually import then we need to discuss a refund. You’ll notice in the screenshot that I even had to upload the same file twice to get all the events included.

Rebecca
    Participant

I’ve added a specific event for you to look at. In the calendar for today January 18th at 2:30pm to 4:30pm is an Apps for you. Also some have imported to iCalendar as empty but then when imported to events calendar they are imported correctly.

The original calendar was built with Outlook Calendar. Is there a problem with using Outlook Calendar and I should have staff use a different calendaring system?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Kyla! It seems that your topic got duplicated somehow. Let me paste my reply below and I’ll close the other one.

Please refer to this one for updates. Thanks.

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your imports. Let me help you troubleshoot this.

First, I noticed you are using an older version of WordPress 4.8.5, could you please update to the latest version and see if any difference?

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

If you still experience problems, please share with us the file or URL where you are trying to import events from and let us know one of the events that don’t get the title and description imported.

Thanks,
    Victor

Rebecca
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kyla!

Thanks for coming back with the screenshots and the ICS file.

The ICS file does not validate through the iCalendar standards > https://icalendar.org/validator.html

It seems the problem is that several events have the same UID, which is probably why the Borrow It Digitally event is mixed up with Computer Class. Each event must have a Unique Identifier (UID)

Where are you getting the ICS file from? Please let me know about it so I can further assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Rebecca
    Participant

Hi Victor,

We are creating the events through Outlook and then trying to get those events on our Event Calendar. Each event is titled differently unless it is a recurring event.

In Outlook is where we save the calendar as an ICS file. The computer class designation is a category within the Outlook calendar.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kyla!

First, let me apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve been out on our annual team trip and we are slowly getting back to normal response times.

Could you please share with us a public URL where we can access the ICS file from Outlook directly? This will provide us with an unmodified version of the file that comes straight from Outlook and we’ll be able to make a few extra tests with this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not listed with title’ is closed to new replies.