Events Not Importing in The Events Calendar: Facebook Events Version 1.0.3.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events Not Importing in The Events Calendar: Facebook Events Version 1.0.3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant

I’ve been unable to import Facebook events.

“Either the event with ID ______ does not exist, is marked as private on Facebook or we couldn’t reach the Facebook API”

Wordpress: 3.5
    TEC: 2.0.10
    TEC PRO: 2.0.10
    TEC Facebook Events: 1.0.3
    Installed locally on Xampp.

I’ve tried:
    – Importing events from multiple pages to ensure I tried one that was public and not age restricted.
    – Turning off all plugins except TEC 2.0.10, TEC Pro 2.0.10, and TEC Facebook Events 1.0.3.
    – Changing the theme to Twenty Twelve, and Twenty Eleven.
    – Double checking that my App Id and App Secret were correct.
    – Double checking that my TEC Pro License Key and TEC Facebook Events License Key were correct.

Any suggestions?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Cameron,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Do you have an FB event ID you can pass along for me to try? You are sure that this event is not restricted or private in any way? What type of Facebook account are you trying to import from (page, organization, group, personal)?

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

This is one: 523745457650501 . It’s from a page. I’m not sure if this particular event is restricted in any way. I’ve tried events from multiple pages, including event ids listed in posts in these forums. Events that other were able to import.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

Sorry to say but this event imported just fine for me. It must be something with your local dev environment. I’ll have to have a dev take a look at this because I’m not sure what else the problem could be. Stay tuned.

– Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

Looks like there is special configuration required to use the Facebook API locally.

Jonah
    Participant

Huh, I didn’t know that. I’ve got it working in my local dev environment and don’t remember configuring anything special. So is it working for you now?

– Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

My previous post was based on info from a Google Search for “Facebook API xampp”. People were asking about how to use the Facebook API locally, so it seemed like I had to do something special.

I don’t have it working yet.

Leah

Thanks for the update Cameron. Do you need further help here? We don’t do support over the weekends but Jonah can get back to you early next week.
    ~Leah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron, I don’t think there’s much we will be able to help with in getting things working with xampp locally. I have it working with MAMP locally so I’m not sure what would be different.

Have you tried pushing things somewhere remote where you can try it there?

– Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

Do I have to configure anything on the Facebook Developers App page? Like list App Domains or the Site Url? I currently have App Domains set as localhost, and Site url as http://localhost/sitename/wordpress/ .

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Cameron,

I did not have to specify an App domain to have it working for me in MAMP.

– Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

I tried a fresh WordPress install on Xampp. Still no luck there.

I setup a fresh WordPress install on one of my domains. I can’t test it yet, because the plugin licenses page for ECP and the Facebook Addon gives me an error message that reads “Sorry, this key is out of installs”.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

You don’t need to plugin the licenses to use the plugins, only to update them. Please test it out on your domain and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    – Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

It works.

So the problem is local. Kind of sucks. I have a lot of customization I want to do to get things up and running. You can see what I did with the old version of ECP 1.6 here: http://inkirklandlake.com/ .

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

I’m going to create a ticket to have one of our devs take a look at getting the imports to work in XAMPP. It could be beneficial to determine if it’s a XAMPP thing, an issue with FB or our plugin and hopefully help you and others who are developing locally with our plugins. We can’t spend a ton of time on this so no guarantees, but we’ll see what we can do. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Not Importing in The Events Calendar: Facebook Events Version 1.0.3.’ is closed to new replies.