events not displaying in the backend dashboard or the frontend?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO events not displaying in the backend dashboard or the frontend?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, basically since yesterday none of my events are showing under the published tab or the draft tab in the back end of the website. They do not show on the front end of the website either actually when logged in or out. My website does indeed give the count 82 published and 4 draft but when clicked you get the “No events found” message in the backend and none of them are actually showing for me. Here is what I have done so far.

1. I then did a search of the issue on these forums and came across this but the fix for me does not work unfortunately. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/urgent-events-disappeared-after-update/

2. I deactivated all plugins but that did nothing either.

3. I checked my site php.ini file and memory limits and increased them all to 512M and nothing there helped either.

4. I installed this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-bar/ and got the following error and have no idea what it means.

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, eventStart.meta_value as EventStartDate, eventEnd.meta_value as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as eventStart ON ( wp_posts.ID = eventStart.post_id AND eventStart.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ ) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as eventEnd ON ( wp_posts.ID = eventEnd.post_id AND eventEnd.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wp_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘future’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘draft’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘pending’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY eventStart.meta_value DESC, eventEnd.meta_value DESC LIMIT 0, 20

5. I also went into the phpmyadmin and did a database repair just incase but nothing seemed to be wrong there and it did not fix the issue either.

Any help would be appreicated here especially if this error is common. Everything is running on 4.2 of WP and the latest version of the plugin. Thanks in advance.

George
    Participant

James, I’m very sorry to hear about these problems – hopefully we can get your events back ASAP!

One thing I’m curious about is that you said “basically since yesterday”, and then described your problems. What happened “yesterday”? Did you change anything on your site? Migrate from one to another? Install or update anything – themes, plugins, WP Core itself?

You mention that you deactivated plugins on your site – thanks for testing that! If possible, can you also try the next two steps?

1. Head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

That will display PHP errors on your site if any exist, which can help. If any errors do pop up, copy and paste them in their entirety into Gists at http://gist.github.com, then share a link to the Gist here so we can read through them in full.

2. Activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve on your site.

Finally, for now – what exactly did you do with this code from that other forum post? How did you add it on your site?

Thanks James!

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks George, the debug did it for me. Basically I found that my /tmp folder on my VPS was full and not emptying which ultimately almost makes the site/database read only. freeing up some space on the tmp folder means the events come back on the dashboard and the frontend and the site is back to normal. So the issue was the filling up of the tmp folder and not the plugin itself here. Thanks for the help.

George
    Participant

Awesome! Glad to hear it. If other issues arise, don’t hesitate to come back and open a new thread.

Best of luck with your site James!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘events not displaying in the backend dashboard or the frontend?’ is closed to new replies.