Events Not Clicking Through

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Not Clicking Through

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theprinceandpantry
    Participant

Some of the links to my events on my Event Calendar click through and some do not. Not sure what the problem is.

Barry

Hi @theprinceandpantry,

I do indeed see a few which take me to a 404 page, I appreciate that must be pretty frustrating.

Can you confirm in the first instance that that is indeed what you are describing? If so, can you try deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme – then visit the Settings → Permalinks admin screen (you need change nothing, visiting this page is sufficient to “flush” the permalink rules) then see if the affected events are still subject to this problem?

Thanks!

theprinceandpantry
    Participant

I tried what you said. (Deactivated plugins, switched to an unmodified theme, and visited the permalinks section….) Then I reactivated the theme, and turned the plugins back on and ran into the same problems…

Barry

OK – thanks for trying that. I’m not sure though if you found there was still a problem with everything else deactivated – can you confirm if there was?

If it actually resolved the problem, did you notice if any plugin in particular (or your theme) seemed to trigger the return of the problem once reactivated?

theprinceandpantry
    Participant

I went through and deactivated all of the plugins except for the Eventbrite one and it didn’t resolve the issue. I switched the theme and deactivated the plugins and still showing the 404 page or oppose there’s nothing there copy.

Barry

OK, that’s unfortunate.

This basically fits with a pattern that a number of customers are reporting. At this time, then, there are really two options. One would simply be to wait until we can finish our investigations and see if that yields anything that will help in your case.

The second would be to establish a new WordPress installation (perhaps in a subdirectory somewhere) and initially install only our plugins and no non-default themes – see if the same issue crops up. If it is an immediate problem in those conditions, that points to there being some sort of environmental issue and we’d need to look at the details of your hosting environment.

Assuming that isn’t the case and everything works just fine, the next step would be adding each plugin you have on your live site and ultimately the same theme – checking at each stage to see if the problem has been introduced (in a sense, this is the same process but backwards and starting ideally with a functional setup).

Either way, we’ll keep you posted as we look into this.

Barry

Just to update you: we haven’t unturned anything to suggest there is a problem within the plugin itself, so I’d strongly recommend the second set of troubleshooting steps if you are still hitting this issue:

The second would be to establish a new WordPress installation (perhaps in a subdirectory somewhere) and initially install only our plugins and no non-default themes – see if the same issue crops up. If it is an immediate problem in those conditions, that points to there being some sort of environmental issue and we’d need to look at the details of your hosting environment.

Let us know!

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this one – but if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Not Clicking Through’ is closed to new replies.