Events not appearing in main blog loop

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not appearing in main blog loop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aehhub
    Participant

Hello,

I ticked the checkbox and added the PHP recommended here https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-add-events-to-your-rss-feed/ but the events don’t display on my theme http://demo.qodeinteractive.com/bridge/ . They do display in the WordPress 2014 theme. How can I work out how to include Event posts in the main blog loop?

Josh
    Participant

Hello aehhub,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the inconvenience of this issue. Unfortunately since this is a theme related issue there isn’t too much help we can provide here in support. However, hopefully I can provide some helpful information that can get you pointed in the right direction.

The checkbox that you’ve selected within our plugin works with the main blog feed. So this would be the homepage within a default theme or the page selected as the blog feed within the “Settings” -> “Reading” tab of your WordPress settings.

Without intimate knowledge of your theme, it looks like the blog templates are custom templates that aren’t using the default blog feed. This means that the loop for the posts is probably being generated within the template. If this is the case, you can include “tribe_events” within the ‘post_type’ option within the query to get your events to display in that loop.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

aehhub
    Participant

Josh,

Thanks very much for your help. In the template file I found this:

query_posts(‘post_type=post&paged’. $paged . ‘&cat=’ . $category .’&posts_per_page=’ . $post_number );

How do I add ‘tribe_events’ here? (is this even the right place?) This is the last question I’ll ask on this.

Josh
    Participant

Hello aehhub,

Thanks for following up with us!

You can add events to this loop by switching that query to:

query_posts( array(
    'post_type'=> array('post', 'tribe_events'),
    'paged' => $paged,
    'cat' => $category,
    'posts_per_page' => $post_number
    ));

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

aehhub
    Participant

That worked! Thank you!

Josh
    Participant

Hello aehhub,

No problem. Happy to have been able to help!

If you have a few moments, we would definitely appreciate it if you took a second to rate our plugin on theĀ WordPress.org repository.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not appearing in main blog loop’ is closed to new replies.