Events month view page very very slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Events month view page very very slow

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Events month view page very very slow we don’t know what is the reason.

Note : more than 500 events for a month

Sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,

Jaime

Sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for providing me with that information.  As a next step, you will want to update your WordPress version to the most recent version (v4.8.2), as well as all of the Events Calendar related plugins.  This will ensure that everything is running optimally.

After doing so, please have a look at our Performance Considerations and see if there is anything you can adjust in order to help your site run better:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/performance-considerations/

After that, you may be interested in caching, so take a look at this article:  https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/caching-basics/

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Sean
    Participant

I still face the performance issue and I found that something to do with the code, below lines of function took some load time

$this->events_per_day = apply_filters( ‘tribe_events_month_day_limit’, tribe_get_option( ‘monthEventAmount’, ‘3’ ) );
    $this->requested_date = $this->requested_date();
    $this->first_grid_date = self::calculate_first_cell_date( $this->requested_date );
    $this->final_grid_date = self::calculate_final_cell_date( $this->requested_date );

Is there any way to overcome this loading time.

Hi Sean,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.  If you haven’t already done so, I would recommend updating all of your Events Calendar related plugins, as well as your version of WordPress to the most recent version.

Is that code that you are referring to custom code?  You may also want to install Query Monitor, which may be able to further point you to where things may be slowing down.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sean
    Participant

I added caching JSON LD alongside the rest of month view using below thread and enabled Enable the Month View Cache and Month view events per day is 1, But i have installed query monitor showing two of tour query showing in Slow Queries.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/decreasing-loading-time-for-big-amount-of-events/

Hi Sean,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.  Unfortunately, we cannot log in to your site, as per our Support Policy, though I will do my best to help you here.

Would you mind sharing the results that you found?  With the different scenarios that you created, did you see any difference?

In addition to adding caching JSON LD, I would highly recommend that you update your plugins before exploring any further avenues.  Improved functionality comes with plugin updates and this could make a significant difference on your site.  You will be able to get a better idea of what is going on once everything is running on its most recent version.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events month view page very very slow’ is closed to new replies.