Events missing after WP 4.2.3 update

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events missing after WP 4.2.3 update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johnkobe
    Participant

Hello Support,

After the WP 4.2.3 update, my site no longer displays events. I have The Events Calendar Pro and Wootickets installed. I ran some testing in a staging site and disabled all plugins and also tried the 2014 theme. No luck.

I can provide an admin account to the staging site, if you would like to see what’s going on.

The production site is http://tamgerlach.wpengine.com/events/

The staging site (with all plugins except WooCommerce deactivated) is: http://tamgerlach.staging.wpengine.com/events/

George
    Participant

Hey @johnkobe,

I noticed that your versions for these plugins are out-of-date, so that might be relevant (and you should update to the most recent versions, which are 3.11 is possible).

But even using these versions shouldn’t completely hide Events.

Do events exist in your admin area any more, or are they all gone too?

Thank you!
    George

johnkobe
    Participant

@ George I am at 3.93 because your site recommends to keep all plugins at the same version, and my events calendar pro subscription expired (Wootickets is still active).

All events are showing in the admin backend. It’s only on the front end that they are missing.

George
    Participant

All events are showing in the admin backend. It’s only on the front end that they are missing.

Okay, this is good to know – and thanks for elaborating on your reasoning for staying behind with version numbers. It’s still not recommended, and at some point if all troubleshooting fails we may be stuck with the only other move on the chessboard being to update all the plugins to 3.11.x.

But, for the time being – you mentioned trying the 2014 theme without luck, but I’m curious, can you re-activate this theme on your site and then clear all caches in your WP Engine dashboard page (in /wp-admin/ on your site)? Depending on your setup there may just be the “Object/Transients Cache” – clear this, and if other caching options are listed there, clear those too.

Then, use the “Reset file permissions” button in the same WP Engine dashboard page in /wp-admin/ on your site.

See if this helps – if not, would you be able to leave your site in this state with 2014 active and let us take another look at your site in this state?

If you can do these steps on your live site by any chance, it would be best for debugging, since the staging site “Snapshot” of the live site can be inaccurate sometimes or perform differently than the live site.

Let me know what you can do here – thanks a ton for your patience with this!

— George

johnkobe
    Participant

Hi George,

Well, I discovered the cause. An events admin had mistakenly created a really large recurring event series (3800+ events). We had to permanently delete the trashed events to get the published events to show.

Would it make sense to have a check in place when creating a recurring event, so that the event creation does not result in thousands of posts. Seems to cause a lookup to fail.

George
    Participant

Hey @Johnkobe,

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you found the culprit here.

Adding a check like you mentioned for large sets of recurring events is something that could definitely make its way into a future version of the plugin – I can’t have any promises at this time, unfortunately, but we indeed want to help mitigate the problems that could arise from auto-generated series of events in the hundreds or thousands!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events missing after WP 4.2.3 update’ is closed to new replies.