Events markup issues with Google

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events markup issues with Google

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I have gotten an email recently from Google Search Console with the following warning:

Fix Events markup for https://www.mykidstime.com

Google systems show that your site is affected by 3517 instances of Events markup issues. This means that your Events pages might not appear as rich results in Google Search.

Search Console has created a new report just for this rich result type. The new report enables you to identify, fix, and resubmit affected pages to Google so they can start appearing in Search Results with rich result features.

So I went into Googel search console and what they are saying is the attached. Basically that the venue field should be the location field or that the location field is missing at least. Any ideas on this? or a fix for this maybe?

Thanks in advance,
    James

Courtney

Hi James

We’ve seen an uptick in similar reports. Our developers will investigate this further, but in many cases, there is no reason for alarm. The error message you see is from a legacy format. We now also use JSON-LD data, which still passes all the results along for Google’s rich snippets. Deprecating the now outdated method by us removing the code entirely is bad form. Ultimately, it seems to be a false alarm so far.

I do see that your plugins may not be completely up to date. I’d still suggest testing and running updates, but these won’t resolve this error. Just a helpful reminder.

We’ll update you with our findings.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Courtney for the response here. I assume there is a way to let Google know this is a false alarm as my fear is they are penalizing the site as a result of these errors. Maybe when your developers know more you can update us on this issue. Thanks in advance

Courtney

Hey James

We definitely will update you when we’ve taken additional steps on this. However, Google is still seeing all the Events data needed via JSON-LD.

See https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mykidstime.com%2Fevent%2Fhalloween-childrens-workshops-at-national-print-museum%2F2018-10-30%2F as an example. Google is recognizing this as an event, and the warnings are areas that may not make sense to include fo rmost situations.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events markup issues with Google’ is closed to new replies.