Events Marked As 'Hide From Event Listings' Show On Month View

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events Marked As 'Hide From Event Listings' Show On Month View

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joel
    Participant

When I have an event that is for a private party I create two events.

Step1: I create one event “the real event” with information about the event with tickets available for purchase. This event has the ‘Hide From Event Listings’ setting checked. I then pass this URL to the event coordinator who passes the link to the people they want to attend their private event. These guests then use the link and purchase their ticket.

Step2: I create a second event that called Private Party and give this event the same day and time as the first event, but without any tickets to purchase and without any of the details. It is only for blocking the date/time for the public calendar.

The problem is when viewed from the /events/ page which has month view set as default, all the events show up. Even the ones marked ‘Hide From Event Listings’. The events in question are in the next month. Navigate to the /events/ page then click the next month link. The page reload with ajax and the screen displays both the events. If you reload the URL by clicking in the address bar and force a full page reload, the events are correctly filtered out. This would indicate that the call to ajax-admin.php is returning the data and not taking into account the ‘Hide From Event Listings’ setting.

How do I fix this?

Thanks
    Joel

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the issues you are having here.

You are running into a bug with the caching system we introduced and that causes all the events to show when changing pages in ajax.

I have a temporary fix to get this working for you. If you add this snippet:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/e787d5dd5c0e943f172f

To your theme’s functions.php it will disable ajax and that will cause the month view to load correctly even when changing months.

Let me know if that works for you and I am working on our end to get this fixed as well in a maintenance release.

Thanks

Geoff

Hey Joel,

Just wanted to follow-up with you here and let you know that we just released The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1. The fix Brian provided earlier was included in the release, so feel free to update and remove the snippet.

Thanks again for reporting this to us!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Marked As 'Hide From Event Listings' Show On Month View’ is closed to new replies.