Events List Widget not working correctly in Beaver Builder

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Widget not working correctly in Beaver Builder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Smull
    Participant

Hi,

I just added the events calendar pro to a site I’m working on. I added the Events List Widget on my home page using beaver builder. Everything is working except the filter. And, I need to filter this to only one category. I’ve attached a screen shot to show you what’s going on. Basically, you can check the Add A Filter box, but the dropdown menu to choose the category is just not there. So… any thoughts on how I can get the filter to show up?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We’re experiencing a high volume of support requests right now, but please do bear with us and we’ll review your question as quickly as possible.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us.

We’d love to be able to help out but, I’m afraid, we can’t always facilitate integration with third-party plugins such as Beaver Builder.

To explain a little more: in this case, we’ve designed the widget’s settings to work well within the regular WordPress widget screen which, usually, is a pretty solid assumption. In this specific scenario, however, the widget interface is being pulled into a completely different page that – if I understand correctly – isn’t technically even an admin page (the page builder is certainly accessible from the page/post editor, but the experience takes place outside of the usual admin environment).

Unfortunately, that means that various bits of code needed to bring things like the filter dropdown to life are not available within the page builder and – if we force them to be available – they will not run as expected due to significant differences between the page builder screen and the normal widget admin screen.

Being pulled into the page builder may not present any problems for widgets with very simple settings, but I imagine this may not be an uncommon problem with more advanced widgets like ours. On that basis, have you reached out to the Beaver team? Perhaps they have various fixes in place that might help.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Mike Smull
    Participant

With that being said, is there a way for me to filter out what categories show on the main calendar? I only want to show 1 category on the main calendar and then I have 3 separate calendars with a different category on each.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

To exclude certain categories from the main calendar, can this snippet a try:

https://gist.github.com/bskousen/5c944e4434b156864db78c0ee6b311c7

Make sure to replace the slugs in array( ‘family-fun’ , ‘bbq’) with your category slug : array( ‘your-slug’ ). You can add multiple slugs here if you would like to hide multiple categories. To find your slug, go to Events > Event Categories and selecting the category. Make sure you use this and not the category name!

Let me know how that works for you!

Thanks,

Brendan

Mike Smull
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!!

Mike

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Right on! I’m so glad to hear everything is working smoothly and I appreciate you following up to let us know. Definitely keep us posted if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Widget not working correctly in Beaver Builder’ is closed to new replies.