Events List Widget Beaver Builder Conflict – Categories Filter Not Showing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Widget Beaver Builder Conflict – Categories Filter Not Showing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linda
    Participant

I’ve gone through your conflict testing procedure and I’ve seen a couple of posts in your forums relating to this issue.
    I’m using Genesis framework and Genesis Sample Child theme. I am using Beaver Builder to create pages.

When I add your events list widget to Beaver Builder layout, the categories i’ve added do not show as filter options. However, when I add the events list widget to a wordpress sidebar, it works.

Shortcodes do seem to work and resolve the problem, but they are not an option for a client that is not tech savvy. So I would like to get this resolved if possible.

Here is what I see when I add events list widget to a wp footer widget area:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9929arverg5cf5/Screenshot%202017-04-19%2002.05.39.png?dl=0

Here is what I see when I add the same widget to a beaver builder layout:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrlnry10htwuq8k/Screenshot%202017-04-19%2002.06.37.png?dl=0
    (no category filters)

Here is what I see when one events list widget is displayed in a Beaver Builder layout:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mvld8yp58tpvh6/Screenshot%202017-04-19%2002.10.08.png?dl=0
    (not the way it should look)

Also, here is what I see when two events list widget are added to the beaver builder layout:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/foapp3m6zk2yu1e/Screenshot%202017-04-19%2002.07.54.png?dl=0
    (this is how I want it to look)

Barry

Hi Linda,

Thanks for contacting us.

We’d love to be able to help out but, I’m afraid, we can’t always facilitate integration with third party plugins such as Beaver Builder.

To explain a little more: in this case we’ve designed the widget’s settings to work well within the regular WordPress widget screen which, usually, is a pretty solid assumption. In this specific scenario, however, the widget interface is being pulled into a completely different page that – if I understand correctly – isn’t technically even an admin page (the page builder is certainly accessible from the page/post editor, but the experience takes place outside of the usual admin environment).

Unfortunately that means that various bits of code needed to bring things like the filter dropdown to life are not available within the page builder and – if we force them to be available – they will not run as expected due to significant differences between the page builder screen and the normal widget admin screen.

Being pulled into the page builder may not present any problems for widgets with very simple settings, but I imagine this may not be an uncommon problem with more advanced widgets like ours. On that basis, have you reached out to the Beaver team? Perhaps they have various fixes in place that might help.

Linda
    Participant

Hi Barry,

You can’t deny the fact that page builders are becoming increasingly popular with WordPress and Beaver Builder is certainly the heavy weight in this arena with 275,000 downloads stated on the Beaver Builder website.

Compatibility questions and issues are abound on your support forum as Google will confirm.

I’m disappointed in your response, as I found it to be somewhat predictable. I reached out to Beaver Builder at the same time that I reached out to you and they responded 24hrs before you did. I can’t say I am impressed with the speed of your “premium” support.(You can read the full exchange I had with Beaver Builder below.)

I’m not sure what will be involved on your end to make this work, but I think you will make a lot of people happy going forward if you can update your plugin as so many other premium plugin developers have. We paid for the premium bundle at $500/yr …

Exchange with Beaver Builder …

Here’s their response:

If the widget isn’t showing all options or working correctly in the builder. The problem is most likely related to how the developer of the widget has coded it to only work in the WordPress backend which is where you usually add widgets. Therefore, I recommend contacting the widget developer informing them of your issue and ask them to see if they can update the widget to work on the front-end so that it is compatible with page builders like Beaver Builder. 🙂

Here is my response:

Of course I did reach out to Event Calendar plugin and I am still waiting for a response. I’m sure they will deflect blame and I’ll go around and around 🙁

Here is their response:

I don’t think the Event plugins developers will blame us as it’s not an issue with the builder, but because their widget hasn’t been coded to work on the front-end.

Barry

Hi Linda,

Of course I’m sorry to hear that you’re disappointed and I appreciate you adding further context by copying across your exchange with the team at Beaver Builder.

I certainly wouldn’t deny that we’ve seen an uptick in the number of users who make use of page building systems. There are a number of popular offerings out there and, naturally enough, they all solve things in different ways — that can make it hard to add across-the-board support for them all.

What would be ideal here is if you could post a feature request for this (and, if you do, feel free to paste the URL back in here to help others who might be interested in the same thing to locate it):

tribe.uservoice.com

As you’ll see, there are numerous existing requests (here is one for Site Origin Page Builder, as an example) and others in the community are able to add their support and indeed leave comments indicating any other areas besides this widget that might need to be addressed.

It’s also a great way for us to gauge demand for a given feature.

I reached out to Beaver Builder at the same time that I reached out to you and they responded 24hrs before you did. I can’t say I am impressed with the speed of your “premium” support.

It did take us a little longer to respond than would be ideal and I apologize for that. Within the working week we generally we strive to answer within 24hrs of a new topic being posted and we didn’t quite achieve that here – we’ll certainly strive to do better in future.

Linda
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Widget Beaver Builder Conflict – Categories Filter Not Showing’ is closed to new replies.